Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th October 2013, 12:44 AM   #1
borgninestallon
VIP Contributor

Default Will Changing Title & Meta Tags Takes More Than A Day?

Hi friends,

Yesterday i thought of making correction in site's title tag & meta description part into my site. I have analyzed the whole night and find the good title tag and description. I just want to know when it will be indexed and shown in Google search results.

I have used GWT and fetch my URL. Also i deleted the old sitemap.xml and uploaded a new one. But today morning i checked it was only the old content shown in Google search results.

As Google is frequently making changes in its algorithm i can't predict when my site will be reflected with new title and description in google search.

Can anyone explain me what other things can be done for getting my site to index in a quicker time.?

Old 1st November 2013, 09:46 PM   #2
arold10

I've just checked your site, the problem with your post is that if your site is all about Search engine optimization and pay per click advertising. How can you not know that very simple thing?

You don't have to do any other things that would help your site get indexed much quicker. The problem is that it may take a while before Google updates everything. All you have to do is wait for a while and everything will be okay.

arold10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 07:31 AM   #3
alexloxton

You can make necessary changes to the title & description, if you feel that your title & description looks too spammy and its not much readable. If your ranking dropped with an algorithm update like penguin, you need to examine your backlinks and remove low quality links.

alexloxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 11:47 AM   #4
revaxmedia

can be hours, days or weeks, you can resubmit it with google webmaster tools which may speed it up but it depends on crawl rate.

Old 10th November 2013, 05:27 AM   #5
BeBizsmart
VIP Contributor

Wink

My opinion is you've done a fantastic job already - Updating the XML sitemap, Google fetching brilliant ideas, and so is using GWT, especially to check the crawl stats. You can make Google's crawling even easier by cleaning your site’s backend and ensuring you have W3C-compliant code. One other thing we often overlook when we get in the thick of things is forgetting some important basics - fast page load/fast sites are favoured by search engines. Get some inbound links from top sites: bookmark: share the links: update social profile - something you're already familiar with I believe.

Then you could be justified for saying, 'It's beyond the confines of my mortal realm now...'

Anyways, that's my take.

Old 11th November 2013, 06:45 AM   #6
SoftDev

No anyone can give the exact time period. So be patient and spend your time on other things to bring more traffic.

Old 11th November 2013, 01:27 PM   #7
waynemorrise
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by arold10 View Post
I've just checked your site, the problem with your post is that if your site is all about Search engine optimization and pay per click advertising. How can you not know that very simple thing?
I would have to agree with this. I do think his question is just a promotional act to promote his site in the post? What do you think guys?

Well, as been said by others no one could says when does Google will recrawl your site. It is all because Google Randomly crawl sites, of course with their own set of rules. Monitor from time to time is the best thing to do.