Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th September 2014, 03:02 AM   #1
auminfotech

Send a message via Skype™ to auminfotech
Default Ranking In Google.com.au

Hey Friends,
For internet marking, Traffic is important factor. I am working on a india based website (example.co.in ) and i want to do marketing in Australia.
First, i want to more traffic from Australia. It should be show in google.com.au.
Can anyone help me out or give us suggestions to ranking in com.au.

auminfotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 7th October 2014, 08:15 AM   #2
alexjames212

This is actually a very tricky job, when you wish to rank a website in India for google.com.au, you might need to make some significant changes in SEO strategies. For instance, when creating backlinks for your site, you need to use an IP mask so that the search engines does not sniff out your location and consider it as a spam. Sort out the activities of your competitors and follow their ethical tactics.

alexjames212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2014, 06:24 AM   #3
Jacksonabraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjames212 View Post
This is actually a very tricky job, when you wish to rank a website in India for google.com.au, you might need to make some significant changes in SEO strategies. For instance, when creating backlinks for your site, you need to use an IP mask so that the search engines does not sniff out your location and consider it as a spam. Sort out the activities of your competitors and follow their ethical tactics.
I am getting bit confused. If you mask an IP, don't you think google can easily find out where the site belongs to with the extension co.in

Jacksonabraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2014, 06:24 PM   #4
Hampers
VIP Contributor

I have a private blog network of 40+ sites targeting google.com.au - all domains are Australian based and by far the majority of traffic is from Australia -(can't seem to understand why there is still so much from Brazil and Russia - but hey?!)

Be great to share with you what I have used to get established and build steady daily traffic ranging around 2k.

It is a constantly evolving process dependent on original. high quality posts and keeping authentic interactions with visitors through quality information.

It would be good to hear your strategies - PM me if you need more info.

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 03:59 AM   #5
michaelnoronha

Quote:
Originally Posted by auminfotech View Post
Hey Friends,
For internet marking, Traffic is important factor. I am working on a india based website (example.co.in ) and i want to do marketing in Australia.
First, i want to more traffic from Australia. It should be show in google.com.au.
Can anyone help me out or give us suggestions to ranking in com.au.
You need to first figure out your competitors in com.au and then go for reverse engineering of your competitor backlinks. You may get social bookmarking sites, directory sites, business listing sites etc. related to Australia. Go for it.

michaelnoronha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2014, 10:55 PM   #6
fredkmolloy

You can do Australian based website for SEO work, it will help you a lot.

fredkmolloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2015, 01:01 AM   #7
faizybaig

For .com.au SERP you should work on australian classified sites and submit your site to directories

Old 25th January 2015, 11:33 AM   #8
Malcom

This is really a tricky thing. OK what I can suggest you is that you can put fresh and unique content on your site and those contents must relate to Australia. Because your targeted audience is Australian, you should have something that they find interesting and share with their fellow Australian people/websites, this way your content can attract your targeted audience.

Other than that I'd suggest you find out all the Australian directories and start being found on them.

You can also start building relationship with Australian bloggers/webmasters, they might help you spreading out your words amongst their readers/visitors.

Old 27th January 2015, 09:09 AM   #9
maazuddeen

Send a message via Skype™ to maazuddeen

All right !st of all your domain should be .com or .com.au It's mandatory to target specific region. Its very imported factor I can't provide you more details Because I am not aware of your business. What business you have and i can suggest more better way to gain Organic traffic you Australia.

maazuddeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2015, 12:39 AM   #10
cbdmoversperth

Default Australia Classified sites

You need to do work on Australia Classified sites, Blog Posting sites and all off page activities.

cbdmoversperth is offline   Reply With Quote