Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Sales
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th November 2009, 10:07 PM   #11
small business

yeah they do and most of the time they are too annoying...

small business is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 13th November 2009, 02:00 AM   #12
smartmind

Default Talking is necessary for sale

Hello dear fellows:

I want to share my ideas about this interesting discussion that salesperson is too much tend to talking. Obviously communication is the most important element of sales and advertising activities. and talking is the basic tool of communication. without talking how can sales person can inform the customers or clients about the characteristics of products for which he is working. its nice to share my ideas with all of you!
Thanks

smartmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 04:19 PM   #13
Ripcord

A good product or service will sell itself with the help of a good salesperson. The salesperson's job is to contact potential customers, learn what they need or want, and educate them about how the company they represent can be beneficial in providing solutions.

Salespeople who are trying to sell a product or service you don't want or need can be extremely annoying. There has long been a myth in American business that the right salesperson can sell anything to anyone. People (especially in this day and age) are very well educated and already know what they do and don't need.

If you're selling a product or service that people don't want and are hoping to find the perfect salesperson to convince suckers to pay for it, you are in for a big disappointment.

Ripcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 01:20 AM   #14
victorvera

I don't mind if a sales person talks too much, as long as he can deliver what he promised, listens to my concerns and can do a very good customer service after the deal.

and Yes I do think Salespeople talks a lot. I can't blame them though.

victorvera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 04:01 AM   #15
askmr

Yes, for me talking too much is big help in sales you can able to talk to different people and eventually make an offer on them about your product or services you are trying to provide

askmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 05:24 AM   #16
David Morson

Of course, salespeople speak a lot because it is a demand of their job and I think only the ones who are chatterbox, are really successful in this profession and especially it is a must required for a especially wholesale business e.g aidandtrade.com

David Morson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 01:18 PM   #17
samklein

When I was in sales the best strategy that worked for me was to do less talking and more listening. There are always key questions you need to ask customers no matter what you're selling that will help you identify their true need. A lot of the time customers are looking for something different than what they think they need. You need to not only meet those needs but establish a relationship in the process. If your customers begins to know and trust you, they may look to no one else whenever another need arises.

samklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 01:06 AM   #18
Skip Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcord View Post
A good product or service will sell itself with the help of a good salesperson.
Sorry, Ripcord, that doesn't seem to make sense to my ears.

Selling to Consumers | Sales Training to Sell More™
www.SellingToConsumers.com
Skip Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 01:31 PM   #19
RevenueKinetics

The purpose of a sales guys initial conversation is to get the prospect to say "Tell me more" or something similar. You have only a very few seconds to accomplish that. You must present value, trust and credibility.

You can do that in one or two sentences.

RevenueKinetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 04:54 AM   #20
icondosmanila

Talking

A good salesperson can demonstrate and describe it's product or service in a short sentence and convince it's buyer. Some talented salesperson can grab it's prey to the neck in just a short period of explanation and put a wow on the prospect. The bad ones do talk to much.

icondosmanila is offline   Reply With Quote