Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > eBay & Other Auctions & Marketplaces
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 31st January 2011, 03:18 AM   #1
skatersollie

Default Are There Any Other Places To Sell Stuff Online Besides Ebay?

are there any other places to sell stuff online besides ebay?

I will list 2 others..if anyone knows any other places please add to the list and give a little discription if possible.

1. ioffer.com no listing fees however, takes a percentage of sales..
2. ebid.net no listing fees, but takes a small portion of sales, unless you upgrade..a little hard to get around

skatersollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 31st January 2011, 07:08 AM   #2
mydream2

I had a eBay business for quite some time selling various products, did pretty well until eBay raised there fees so high there was no profit, reason why so many sellers have since left.

Bonanza is a great online auction website, fees are much lower, and many added features, also I would consider amazon, you can sell many of the same products, just do a search on there website to see if there are any other sellers for your items, and if so, then it's a go, takes a little while to get set up, but once it's done very hassle free, and there payment system is much safer and secure.

Hope this helps and Good Luck with your business.

mydream2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2011, 02:40 PM   #3
SanWay
VIP Contributor

i still consider that ebay is teh best palce to sell goods as all other site are not so popular.

SanWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2011, 02:48 PM   #4
mydream2

personally I have had a few bad experiences with Paypal, fraud from buyers and no real help resolving issues, but for now, eBay is still the powerhouse, but there are other sites catching speed.

mydream2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2011, 03:14 PM   #5
DeniseTaylor
VIP Contributor

Mydream2 beat me to it. I was going to say Bonanza, too. It looks quite interesting, the fees are great, but I've never used it yet.

I just remembered there are others. Google "online auctions" and see what comes up. I know there are several, but which ones are effective, I'm not sure. Once you get some names, you could Google them to find information on them.

DeniseTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 10:36 AM   #6
ronsidney

Hey guys thanks for the info! I sell my coin pushers on ebay as well as my website and id say 3 out of 5 of my customers use ebay.

They just want to be protected and want to be able to leave feedback..

I would like more customers to just go directly to my site as then i wouldn't have to pay ebay fees.

I will try those other sites you guys mentioned

ronsidney

ronsidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 11:44 AM   #7
Bo_Manry

Another option would be posting your items on local news websites. If you want to pay a fee, Amazon would be the best option. It's easily one of the easiest sites to use for shopping.

Bo_Manry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 10:21 PM   #8
rreger

Depending on what you sell, Craigslist can be a good place to sell items.

rreger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2012, 01:29 PM   #9
Subuno

I've sold a few things on Amazon Marketplace. Fees are high though, but the process of listing is super easy, especially if you have the UPC or can find a listing on Amazon already.

Subuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 06:35 AM   #10
dothebusiness

Send a message via Skype™ to dothebusiness

Why not go to car boot sales or hold a garage sale. It's amazing the number of people that attend these events and buy items we no longer need.