Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th October 2008, 01:56 PM   #1
bonciutoma

Send a message via Yahoo to bonciutoma Send a message via Skype™ to bonciutoma
Default Article - How To Determine Keyword Relevancy To A Page

Knowing how to determine if a keyword phrase is relevant to an article can make the difference between relevant web traffic and no traffic.
Read some more

bonciutoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 15th October 2008, 12:39 AM   #2
pusz4frog

Default How To Determine Keyword Relevancy To A Page

That was a very intersting article. Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

pusz4frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008, 05:21 AM   #3
bonciutoma

thank you for appreciating what I'm trying to do

Old 22nd October 2008, 07:46 AM   #4
ddwebent

That is a good article, I will have to read it more in depth later. As I have to leave right now. I have a question. What if your keywords are the same as a million other sites that have millions of dollars to spend on them in PPC? My site is very new with not many members. What do you suggest for sites like mine?
Thank you for your input.

ddwebent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 04:52 AM   #5
bonciutoma

Usually if on a keyword phrase I see a competition over 4 millions in Google I search for another keyword phrase to target directly. That doesn't means that I overlook the first keywords because usually those words are very important and also may be present in the vocabulary or terminology of that theme.

Many times I create two pages : the first one targets directly a keyword phrase that has a lower competition and you can get a better ranking and a second page that targets the keywords that I couldn't rank well. Inside the first page I would link to the second one. At least you have the keywords targeted.

There is no short way to do it. It will take time to be number one and my advice is to concentrate on more specific keyword phrases like : "affordable .... .... .... services" - things like that . That way you'll build web traffic constantly.

Old 25th November 2008, 06:11 AM   #6
Mark Brown

Thank you for sharing this article it is really helpful..

Mark Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 07:55 AM   #7
acwebguru
VIP Contributor

keyword relevancy must get top most priority while writing an article. If you are writing an article on jewelry, you keywords need to be center around jewelry word. If you use other irrelevant keywords in that article, it will get top positions in the ranking. But thanks for sharing your informative article with us.

acwebguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 07:24 PM   #8
khaty

Thanks for sharing, it really help.

khaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 04:53 AM   #9
MH Vishal

Default Article - How To Determine Keyword Relevancy To A Page

Knowing how to choose keywords that are relevant to your website and that could get you relevant web traffic that could result in sales is the most important task that you need to perform before starting developing the content of your website.
1) Choose Keywords Phrase for the theme of the Website.
2) Choose Keywords for each article- target your niche.

There are two ways in which you can see if a keyword is relevant to your web page. If you know very well your website and this is not you first time when you try to establish the keywords relevancy then you can make an educated judgment and decide how much relevancy a keyword has.Another method is to create a set of question that describe the targeted customer of your website.

Keyword relevancy its very important for your website because the more relevant the keywords are the more relevant the web traffic will be for your website. so knowing how to determine how relevant a keywords phrase is for an article becomes a very important assets and sometime it can make the big difference.

MH Vishal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 03:44 AM   #10
janicejan

we can always use google keyword tool to indicate the amount of competitor for the certain keyword and also to know the amount of searches it has, knowing this will help us to target the right keyword for our website also our pages..

janicejan is offline   Reply With Quote