Some of these advertising methods are listed below.
1. Article Marketing. This method has long term results since your articles stay in the articles directories for years. When you write an article about something that relates to your business you can put a link to your website in the resource box at the end. Use keywords in the title and throughout the article, submit it to article directories and you create a back link to your business website.
2. Blogging. Creating a blog is one of the easiest things to do with free services that you can use. Sign up, pick a template and write. If you have a business, write about things that are relevant to that business. Use keywords so your posts will be found in the search engines. Add fresh content to your blog at least once a week, preferably more, especially in the beginning.
3. SEO-Search Engine Optimization. This method of advertising, or rather, marketing is subtle but powerful. Choose less competitive keywords and place them in the title of your website. Include them in the h1 and h2 tags and also the meta and alt tags. Sprinkle them throughout your website content and at the beginning and end of your website. This will help you site rank higher in the search engines and be found easier with those keywords you chose. Optimizing your website is one of the first things you need to do when it is used for promoting your business.
4. Link Building. Creating quality links back to your website will help improve your ranking in the search engines and raise your Google page rank. This advertising method includes placing your link on as many highly ranked sites as possible. This can include article directories, link directories, other peoples blogs, classified sites and blog directories. Linking all your sites to one another helps too. Get your link out there to as many places as you can to help your site move up the search engine ranks.
5. Forum Posting. Posting in forums helps to sell you and your name. When you post in forums and give quality advice to people who need help you are creating a reputation for yourself. People will begin to trust you and recognize your name, therefore they may be willing to buy from you. Try to answer questions and give advice about things that you are knowledgeable about so you do not sound fake or that you are making it up. If you need some help do a little research first. Also the good thing about posting in forums as an advertising method is that you can include a link to your business website in the signature of your posts. See number four for how this can help you.
These advertising methods are just some of the many ways to advertise your product or service. The most important thing is to get your website in front of as many eyes as possible.