Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Sales
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th January 2009, 02:53 PM   #1
rdonovan1

Default Help Wanted In Finding Ways To Improve My Marketing And Sales Skills

I was just wondering if there is anyone out there that might be able to help me figure out as to how I can go about improving my marketing and sales skills.

I am just wondering because based upon recent conversations that I have had with people and what I have been reading lately I am getting the feeling that perhaps my marketing strategy is not working and that I need to find new and improved ways of improving my marketing and sales skills.

I am not sure if I am posting in the right area, so please forgive me on this because at the moment I just don't know as to where else I can ask this same type of question at.

rdonovan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 28th January 2009, 05:25 PM   #2
lmcopy

Default books to read

A good book to check out is "Selling Yourself With Intergrity" can't remember author, sorry.

Also, Zig Ziglar books.

lmcopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2009, 02:17 AM   #3
veronica

I have been in Sales management for quite sometime now. I use online business directories. This past year alone, I've experienced no less than 15 strong customer relationships producing active revenue from sales activity resulting from sales leads identified.

veronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2009, 08:33 PM   #4
radiogirl
VIP Contributor

Send a message via MSN to radiogirl Send a message via Yahoo to radiogirl Send a message via Skype™ to radiogirl

Is there a particular part of your sales process that you've identified as the problem?

Is it not getting in front of the right prospects? Something in the way you present? Closing?

There are so many resources that it's often easier to look for something specific to the problems you're having.

Old 4th February 2009, 06:25 PM   #5
bluejay47

Another good book is "Book Yourself Solid" it's for people who even hate marketing and selling. You can also join a marketing association, they usually offer really good seminars and articles.

bluejay47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 07:35 PM   #6
JessyMeyer

In which area/spectrum you're working? There are a lot of differences depending on the business and targets you want to reach.

JessyMeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 09:58 PM   #7
tingeofpink

you can attend seminars and buy books to learn all about the techniques. or talk to experts and consultants and hear what they have to say. you can surf the Internet too. there are lots of resources available. some methods will take time and money, but if you're really determined, you should be patient.

tingeofpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 06:08 AM   #8
erikko

Are there available webinars in the net that teach me how to improve my sales skills.

erikko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2009, 08:42 AM   #9
viclogic

Try considering the 5 P's of marketing - product, place, price, place and promotion.

viclogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 01:45 AM   #10
janicepink

Hi Donovan and Erikko. Aside from reading books about that matter, try joining in forums that are specifically for marketing and sales strategy. There are lots of 'em in the Internet.

janicepink is offline   Reply With Quote