Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Ecommerce
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th September 2013, 09:38 AM   #21
semaphore.v
VIP Contributor

It's very helpful; I have tried it for one of my client who has coffee stuff eCommerce site..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatprecisionE View Post
Thanks! I'm actually using optimizely currently. But I'll definitely check this out.

Old 9th September 2013, 11:48 AM   #22
LGCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by semaphore.v View Post
It's very helpful; I have tried it for one of my client who has coffee stuff eCommerce site..
Cool, Semaphore. What kind of things do you test with optimizely?

Old 13th September 2013, 06:50 AM   #23
BeBizsmart
VIP Contributor

Thumbs up

A few tips:
-You have an email list?A really credible list and not the sort that will get caught up in the spam filters?
-Remove any references to 'buying' from the top fold-don't start your pitch too early since potential customers are looking for information on websites.

Old 27th September 2013, 03:05 AM   #24
simona

make sure your website can be accessed on mobile phones or smart phones. if its confusing or complicated or has broken links you will never be able to achieve your target sales. Give out special offers or deals and maybe even freebies. everybody loves those!

simona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 08:13 AM   #25
VishalBhatt123

You can add social extension at your site. From that you can advertise your product at social site and you will get visitor from that site and also they buy your product.

Doing Affiliate marketing for your product. Form that also, you can increase you sales.

Old 3rd December 2013, 03:13 PM   #26
gregcooper410

This may be difficult to do for all items, but it will be good to have a detailed description on some products. For example on the amazon website for electronics they go into great information on the specs of the product.

Old 10th December 2013, 07:00 AM   #27
PremOutshine

You haven't mentioned properly what market you are talking about. You need to be specific and focus on something! Main thing I would say is focus on customer satisfaction. It's the key ingredient at the present moment. And, good and relevant search engine optimization is always best.

PremOutshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2014, 12:06 PM   #28
SC_Sean

I would consider giving your site a bit of a makeover! What's great is that you can actually do this without having it be too terribly expensive these days.

Your product is great, and it looks like you know your market well. Redesigning your site so that it's a bit more open and breathable might really do you some favors in terms of traffic. It also might help you out in the search results -- a lot of things like load time and on-page optimization affect the way you appear in Google's results.

The other information in this thread is true, as well. If you wind up going with a redesign, you might want to look into something that's mobile-optimized. There are a ton of website templates that can give you exactly what you want, which is why this doesn't necessarily have to be something that puts you in the red.

Hope this helps!

_ Sean

SC_Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2014, 04:52 AM   #29
danielwilli

Default Make Fair Deals With Your Customers

Winning is not difficult, but remaining on winning position is rather difficult. If you've been standing on victory stand and want to maintain your position, you must follow some of my tips. I would love to suggest you to be fair with your online customers. Fair deals bring back the consumers and visitors as well. Because if you once lose your valued customers, you would lose them forever.

danielwilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2014, 07:53 PM   #30
SC_Sean

Testimonials! Oh man, testimonials.

When you can get your own customers to talk about how much they love the experience of shopping at your store, you're able to convince COUNTLESS others that it's a good idea to do the same thing.

It's called Social Proof, and it's a huge part of online marketing (especially social).

I'd develop a program through which you reward customers who evangelize for your brand. Reward people who post cool stuff about your store on Facebook. Hold a contest to see who can come up with most creative or funniest way to talk about how awesome your webstore is. There are a ton of ways to get creative and have people start talking about your brand in a really positive way.

And it works. Well.