Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Website Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd December 2009, 10:58 PM   #11
mattcarpet
VIP Contributor

What kind of tips are you looking for, content, SEO side or more the straight design, and feel of the site? Either way if you contact me directly then I'll try and help. Wish you the best of luck anyway though.

Summer Logo Special Now in Effect
mattcarpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 4th December 2009, 02:06 AM   #12
mocklerlaw

I don't understand the relationship between r-zcycles and competition cycle shop. Who am I supposed to call?

mocklerlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 02:24 AM   #13
brettyoung

Got our business website designed by an SEO. You can look for webdesigners or SEOs at odesk.com, guru.com, or elance.com.. I sometimes post on craigslist and I find a lot of help at bestjobs.ph.

brettyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 11:57 PM   #14
startupleads

Default Re:

From the limited content on the home page it looks like you build bikes, and your contact info says you're in Texas. The first thing I would do is change your slogan from "Let's Ride Today!" to "The Best Custom Bikes in Texas" or something like that.

Also, based on your limited design experience, you might be better served starting with a Facebook page. You can use the FBML app to add HTML to your page and make it look nice, plus Facebook has all the networking tools built right in. Add lots of photos to your photo album and create a YouTube channel and add some videos of your bikes hauling ***! Offer a free IPad to anyone who joins your Facebook page in July, tell your friends. Good luck my friend.

- Steve

startupleads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2010, 08:08 AM   #15
awkwardgenius

The first thing to ask yourself is "what do I want a visitor to my site to DO?". i.e. are you looking to get them to fill out a form and give you an email address? Do you want them to pick up the phone and call you? Are you trying to get them to look at your bikes? Something completely different?

Whenever you build a site, you should keep the end result in mind, and ask yourself if a visitor who comes to the site is being led to DO that thing.

The site looks fine, but you need to add content and decide what the end goal of the site is.

awkwardgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 07:50 AM   #16
radiomedia

Thumbs up

Its very important that the look better of your website.Everything is depend on your company.If your homepage would be look better than its increase your product sell. When users will come on your website,they know what do you want to say through your website.It means your website color scheme and looking website should match your company profile.It makes easy to customer to understand your selling product.lots of website are available on the internet who tell you color theme and website structure of your website.

I mention some links below:
http://www.cssmania.com/, http://www.101bestwebsites.com/

radiomedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 12:02 PM   #17
Photosdotcom

Default Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGsxr1000 View Post
Hey Guys, I am new to the forum and looking to share and gain ideas. I have a website and I was wondering if anybody knows how I can get some help make the site look better. I am welling to pay its just I do not know how much it would cost. I anybody has any ideas let me know. Thanks
New photos could change the look and feel of your site and provides a great way to make a quick and easy design change!

Photosdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 07:36 PM   #18
TynnishaH

Send a message via Skype™ to TynnishaH

I think what this site needs is a complete makeover. New layout, new/mroe content...the works.

TynnishaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2010, 09:31 AM   #19
jko11

i have been involved in web design for 5 years or so now, and for yourself to keep costs down i would suggest using a template you like, will be fraction of the cost of full design and will prob look as well if not better, are you looking to go down the ecommerce route with this site, i would also suggest using an opensource facility as it is very easy to expand as your business grows, rather than paying for a designer every time to update

jko11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 12:15 PM   #20
steveblake

At first you do is think what is the concept of your website for what is the outcome. Then build it from the ideas that you have then when you are almost done you can give us a link so that we can share an idea on how to make it looks better.

steveblake is offline   Reply With Quote