Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Website Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th July 2011, 02:14 PM   #1
viper_one
VIP Contributor

Default What Is A Better Web Traffic Builder?

In your opinion, what is a better web traffic builder?

=> a blog, a website, or posting articles

(with the same amount of content, which would do better, and how would they do it -- without getting too deep! Can you share your experiences?)

Thanks.

Last edited by viper_one; 28th July 2011 at 02:16 PM. Reason: fix
viper_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 31st July 2011, 09:52 AM   #2
BeTheBest
VIP Contributor

Hi viper_one,

Blog, website... what's the difference? Really, just that a blog is intended to post by date... and for the most part, I can't think of too many business type websites that require that. Besides, if you want... you can make part of your website a blog.

Probably one of the best sources for traffic is posting articles. If you have information that you can organize in an article format and keep it under 500 words, you can do pretty good.

Part of the reason is that the article sites are so huge they get indexed pretty quick. In fact, I have had articles posted on sites and see them in search results a few hours later. Not bad.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

BeTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 09:44 PM   #3
smallbus01

I agree with BetheBest on this one. Blogs and articles are probably the top choices here. I would say Ads do a decent job regarding traffic but not as good as the other 2. Back-linking helps but not as effective too.

smallbus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2011, 04:20 AM   #4
GoForIt123

I believe its blogs then websites then forums. But its very close. But that is just my opinion. All of them are equally important though. Should use all if you are looking to build links.

Old 21st August 2011, 07:56 AM   #5
melissacatwalk

I think a blog as it is usually belongs to a certain blogging service with many other clients around and then you can post articles there and share it with other people, who can be interested in your site and business in general.

Old 21st September 2011, 12:45 PM   #6
SmashHitDisplay

We prefer a blog attached to a website. I feel like having an authoritative (non-market-y) blog attached to a website can be a real source of traffic - especially if the content is super helpful

SmashHitDisplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 08:02 AM   #7
andrewjohn1

I agree with SmashHitDisplay. I also prefer blog. You can post information regularly with the referral url of your site and more..

andrewjohn1 is offline   Reply With Quote