Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Website Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th July 2011, 02:36 PM   #1
TimboN1269

Default How To Market My Website

Hello everyone,

Not sure if this is where I should post this so please move if it belongs to somewhere more fitting.

I've worked on a few real estate deals in the past few years, even partnering with other real estate investors on bigger deals.

I'm curently working on an eBook that will help others become real estate investors, how to work with realtors, other investors, landlords that want out and homeowners that want to sell without paying huge realtor fees.

My first question is, once I complete the eBook, what is the best website to make to sell it? Wordpress, Drupal, Dreamweaver?

My next idea is using my experience as an investor to consult other homeowners to sell their home. It will be a flat fee that includes the contracts, email support, phone or skype support.

My next question is, which would be the best way to set that website up? Wordpress, Drupal, Dreamweaver(HTML) or any other program that I'm missing?

Thanks,
Tim

TimboN1269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 27th July 2011, 03:30 PM   #2
TylerHutchinson

Do you have web design experience, or are you planning on doing this through a web designer? If you use a web designer you are limited to what they use. Essentially they can all do the same basic thing. Wordpress is a bit more limiting, but is the most user friendly. DreamWeaver is very complex and can be a lot of work. I would suggest Drupal personally. Another good one is Joomula. Both are user friendly and have great ad-ons.

As far as the site goes, I would build one site for both services. That way you can show that they are related and legitimate. You could make a site that has a services section (your second idea) as well as a shop (your ebook) for them to purchase. Also, that way if you do more to build onto that you can just ad it to the shopping area. It will also put you in a position to better brand yourself.

Hope that all makes sense.

Old 10th August 2011, 10:43 AM   #3
BeTheBest
VIP Contributor

Hi TimboN1269!

I agree with everything TylerHutchinson said. But what I think is more important is that you need to wrap your head around the fact that it's NOT the program you use to set you your site that will 'sell' it. It's what you do to market it.

By that, I mean you could right the site with a freebie HTML editor if you know and understand that code. As an alternative, you could use any of the other programs you mentioned. THAT'S Not what is important.

What is critical is what you do to SELL your book. Also, you will need a method to deliver the eBook (download) once it's paid. That's a shopping cart function
that I am not sure are available through any of the standard systems you listed. Although there may be a Wordpress 'Plug-in' (because there are so many) but I can't speak to that because I don't use Wordpress.

Anyway, I wanted you to get the point that it's the marketing you need to sell the book. It doesn't matter which platform you build it on.

Hope this helps! Good luck! If you want more details on how I can help you, just drop me a PM!

BeTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2011, 04:19 AM   #4
GoForIt123

Marketing websites doesn't have that much to do with programs. Its all about SEO and advertising. You can have the best programmed website design but it will go nowhere with no SEO, marketing and advertising.

Old 21st September 2011, 08:58 AM   #5
mwashington

Send a message via Skype™ to mwashington
Smile Right Here For Your Ebook

Right here is a good place to start with your ebook. I would use the ebook content to answer people questions about what they have an interest in and use your signature to leave a link in this forum. The more content you write concerning your ebook the more the message with become knowledge online and that is the purpose of getting it out online. I know it might take time. but just be consistent and be sincere with getting your knowledge out there. Just let people have a chance to Trust and Verify what your saying and then once they do then you will reach your goal.

mwashington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 04:26 AM   #6
martincrow

You can take advice from the professional marketers about the possibilities that can be utilize to gain maximum profit.

martincrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 05:40 PM   #7
SYOBO_Works

Default The Website Platform Technology Matters Little

Tim, it is not the technology which will get you visits to your sites but the technique you use in marketing it that will get you business results. It's all in the marketing. Once your site is up and assuming you've done all the basics right to optimize it for the search engines, you need to promote it.

Organic search results will be dependent on many factors ranging from the market demand for your keywords, their placement in your pages (as part of the page name, headlines, topical sentences, anchor text in links, etc.) and their synonyms all the way to the size and age of your site and the number of inbound links you get from other credible and relevant sites pointing to you.

Paid search results will depend on your budget.

I'd suggest you find yourself someone with a list of people who represent your target audience and partner with that individual to do an email campaign featuring your ebook. Share the proceeds with the list owner for anything you sell.

Cheers,

Syobo Works

SYOBO_Works is offline   Reply With Quote