Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > General Small Business Issues
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th February 2010, 01:15 AM   #1
Jaime M.

Lightbulb Starting Your Own Web Business-Explained

Starting your own web business can seem like a overwhelming, frustrating, & confusing process when you're first starting out. There are so many places offering shopping carts, domain names, web hosting, etc. It's can be difficult to figure out what the best step is, or where to start in general.

What you do not want to do when starting out (because of all the non legitimate/scams out there) is to think success and money come quick with doing very little. You will waste you time and end up losing money and your efforts will be for nothing. Let's be serious... work has to be done, & time will be required! If you're not ready to work then you're not ready, & you're not really serious about starting a web business.

And by the way... about all those get rich quick schemes out there. I really have to wonder these "experts" really are? And if they know so much, they should be seriously rich by now. And if that's the case, why are they trying to sell a $20-$100 eBook? If they know how to make money in an instant, yet they are spending all their extra time trying to actually sell their great money making idea-so what does that say? Please do your research, and take building a web business seriously, if this is really what you want to end up having.

Most all of us should know, the first step in doing anything should be to have a overall plan. And when it comes to making money & having your own web business, a plan is more important than ever. It is the foundation of your dreams to be or to have (...........). That's exactly why having a plan should not be taken out of consideration, especially when your first starting out. Write out your business plan so you have it. No matter how daunting it seems, writing a business plan is essential to your web business's ultimate success. In addition to providing you with a blueprint for how your web business will be run. A business plan is also a necessity if you opt to now, or in the future, apply for a small business loan or approach investors.

You will need to choose between the two proven methods below, to decide what type of web business you want to run:

1.) sell your own products or services
or
2.) promote other people's products or services- being an affiliate

Basically these are the two proven methods to make good money with having a web business, & both methods due require a having a website! I know most people get overwhelmed when it comes to creating a website. Maybe the thought overwhelms you as well. Although, I can reassure you that it really isn't as difficult as it seems. With a bit of time, overall knowledge, patience, determination, & adopting the correct mind set overall, you can learn to create your own web pages /& run your web business successfully.

In this case, the second step when developing a great plan for your web business, is to know exactly what the basic elements required are (or will be). Questions one has to ask are:

-What kind of a web business do I need?

-How many products or services do I have to sell?

-How many do I anticipate I will have 6 months & a year from now.

-Am I selling items that require shipment or are these items the user will
download?

Once you know what you want, & develop your business plan / or blueprint, then you are already on your way to building yourself a successful web business!

Remember I am here to help, and I am willing to do more for the people who are serious and who want or could use my help. If I know of a topic that a lot of people want covered I will definately go over it. And if it is something I am not that knowledgeable in, I will do the research on the general topic to help the person/ or people get to where they understand "whatever", in general. I have been in the beginner stage myself, as everyone eventually had to start out, the difference is... the steps actually have to be taken from the top and explained, and that is what I am trying to do in some part.

If you would like to have in depth details that I did not cover / or go into in my thread, then please send me a PM or email me at [email protected], so I can give you general next steps, as it may be a few days before I can get around to building a new thread with the next steps in it, if enough people are interested that is. I want to spend my time helping people not posting threads that do not help and are just a waste of time. Unlike most, I really do look out for the "other person".

"I can show you the road... but it's up to you to do the walking."

Wishing You All The Best,
Jaime M.

Last edited by Jaime M.; 17th February 2010 at 02:04 AM. Reason: someone put red font on my words-either the font changes or i take it down completely
Jaime M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 19th February 2010, 12:08 AM   #2
Martin123

Thanks for sharing this useful and informative post. I also believe before starting a web business you should do your own research. The internet is growing rapidly. The entire world is the market place. All you have to do is to choose the right web business for you.

Old 22nd February 2010, 11:13 PM   #3
iketz0

Hi! Thanks for sharing this tips and advice to us. This will be a big help for me especially now that I'm planning to have a business.

iketz0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 05:41 AM   #4
ana4business

Not bad! Your tips and advice will help small business newbies to understand the responsibilities of starting up a business.

ana4business is offline   Reply With Quote