Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Affiliate Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd May 2007, 05:59 AM   #1
joseph_675
Banned

Default Home Job For Full Time Mom

Hi, I am very new to this. I have a full time job and am a full time mom. I have been looking at stay at home jobs, but found that many are in the alternative, health related field. I am not at that age to really get excited over juices or vitamins. So here I am dabbing in affiliate marketing. Any advice on marketing?

joseph_675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 3rd May 2007, 10:56 AM   #2
JeffLump

Smile Hi, just some food for thought!

Hello,
There was a thread posted last week asking pretty much the same question. The person wanted to know what kind of home business to get involved with. My best answer to your question is first: Find an affiliate that is legitimate. Do you research, because there are a lot of affiliate sites that promise you the moon as far as money-making opportunities. Too many business owners get into a business without doing their due diligence, first. They get blinded by all of the fancy bells and whistles on a website that "guarantees" you will make money because the 2-3 people listed as testimonials earned "serious money, all within a few months". (They don't mention the fact that 300 other people didn't earn a dime from this bogus opportunity). Study, and ask trusted people who you know about any such opportunities before investing.
Also find an affiliate site that sells a product that you will have a passion in marketing to prospects. Basically, put yourself in your prospect's shoes. If you were he/she, would you find that product to be highly useful within your own life? You stated that you don't find dietary supplements to be of importance in your life, as you related it to those affiliates that offer it as a product, (I don't either). Apply that same principle in doing your research on any affiliate business which offers a product to market. Would you find use for that product? If you don't have a passion for it, don't get involved - because your attitude may effect how you market your business; and down the road the success that you achieve in the business.
Good luck in your search
Jeff

JeffLump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2007, 02:55 PM   #3
lunartcorp

I am not sure if Affiliate Marketing is actually a good business to start with. I am involved in several of them through LinkShare, one of the biggest affiliate marketing owned by Yahoo, as well as other companies that do not belong to this group. They provide everything for you to place on your website or emails and, depending of the company, they update their advertising according to the season.

Affiliate Marketing requires you to implement marketing estrategies to get traffic to their pages using your ID. Those strategies might include Blogging, E-Newsletters, Forums participation among others.

You may also try Networking Marketing Companies. They are companies already established and have techniques already defined to market their own products. You just need to follow them. It which will help you a lot to learn more about sales and marketing. As you said, there are many in the health area so you need to start your homework right now by looking for something that you really love to do, then you will not have to work again.

I would not recommend getting into those companies self-called MLM and pay you for recluting. Those companies have a dummy product to support your engagement with a lot of promises as you will make a lot of money very quick.

A real networking marketing company has a real product and they will pay you for selling it, as well as you will receive residual income every time your downline sell them. To find these companies you need to be open to listen anyone doing something like that. When looking for them, please have your emotions aside to digest the information in order to find out it is a real business.

You may also start evaluating franchises. They are businesses already established with processes already defined. You just need to follow their processes. The investment normally is high but you can work on a business loan to do it. It is just a matter of how much risk you are willing face.

Old 4th May 2007, 02:40 AM   #4
ramon9456
Banned

I can tell you from 4 years experience that marketing is different depending on your product. I do 95% of my business in forums just like this. With Send Out Cards, it works great. With other businesses that I was with, it didn't work so well. So there are lots of variables. You must learn the alternates and select the best.

I look forward to getting to know you. Hope to see you around the forum.
God Bless,

ramon9456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2007, 01:27 AM   #5
Chuck Hamrick

If you decide on an affiliate program to market contact the affiliate manager and ask if there are any special things you can work on. They may tell you of which products are converting the best. I had an affiliate show me a friends blog and heard that the guy quit his day job to be a full time affiliate.

Chuck Hamrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2007, 01:06 PM   #6
AndrewHealth

Keep in mind the target that you would be trying to reach and how saturated it might be. Online products vs. offline products etc.

Some people can be quite successful at affiliate marketing, but it takes patience and experience.

Old 10th July 2007, 04:19 PM   #7
eagle429

To the Stay at home mom, I am not a mom; but I wanted to be able to work from home. I too looked into the same things you mention last year. I decided not to do that type of work as a full-time and or part-time gig. I do have some friends who have no choice, like me they lost their jobs and their "supplemental" business is keeping food on the table and roofs over the head.

I do not know your circumstances or your employment background. What do you do for income outside your home? Are you considered a Secretary? Have you considered being a Virtual Assistant? I am a member of th International Virtual Assistants Association ...When I attended the Online International Virtual Assistants Convention in May, I took notice that a few of their their members were located in the United Kingdom.

On the other hand, for right now, I must still be in the workforce part-time (agh!) until my Virtual Assistant practice is fully functional. I am contacting the companies who hire home-based call center agents, in the USA there are many, I am not sure if there are companies who do that type of work in the United Kingdom or not.

Just my thoughts. Good luck!

eagle429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 06:43 PM   #8
radtech

To the at-home-mom. You inquired about affiliate programs. Theres a magazine called $1,000,000 Blueprints and the March/April 2007 copy has a guy named Russell Brunsun who's a millionaire(ex-college kid). His main success comes from using affiliate programs. He uses like 30,000 though. But its taken him a little while to accomplish this by the way.Let me know if I can be of any help.

radtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 06:46 PM   #9
Robert
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by radtech View Post
Theres a magazine called $1,000,000 Blueprints...
I really like reading that magazine. Here is the URL for anyone interested:

http://www.millionaireblueprints.com/

You should be able to pick up a copy of the magazine at a major bookstore.

Old 28th June 2010, 12:39 PM   #10
ccharles90

You'll have knock backs but don't give up and look to start an email list.

ccharles90 is offline   Reply With Quote