Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Pay Per Click Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th January 2016, 10:36 AM   #1
richardhale

Default Google VS Bing PPC

Would be nice to get some feedback. I've always used Google. This is my first time using Bing. My question is quality. We've always seen sales with Google, but 3 weeks in for Bing, nothing. I've been doing PPC successfully for years, so I know everything is optimized.

Google won't approve the site. It's health, you know how that goes. We were told to get scientific proof, which we did. But still won't approve. Facebook hasn't worked, have trouble with approvals there also.

So for those that use Bing and Google, have you noticed less quality for Bing? Any trouble getting off the ground? We've tested for 3 weeks and I have ads and targets really close. Landing pages, we're doing some things. Just wonder about the quality, is there that much of a dropoff between Google and Bing PPC?

Thanks

richardhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 11th January 2016, 12:48 AM   #2
edward222

Try to read this one:
http://searchengineland.com/new-ppc-...rticals-152229

edward222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2016, 04:27 AM   #3
aquisto
Banned

Bing is a much smaller network but I have found that I get a lot more valuable clicks at a much lower cost.

aquisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2016, 07:04 AM   #4
parmjeet
Banned

In todayís digital landscape, search engine marketing has become an integral part of online strategies. It offers options that you simply canít get from any other method of digital marketing.

Paid search is by far one of the top sources for driving targeted traffic to your website. In fact, PPC provides the highest ROI (return on investment) of any type of online advertising. Thatís massive when you factor in all of the digital marketing channels available.

The big question for many business owners looking to invest in PPC ads for the first time is which service to go with Ė Google AdWords or Bing Ads?

In an ideal word, your best bet would be to advertise on both Google and the Bing network. But sometimes that is not always the case.

Toyota Innova service in Chandigarh

parmjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2016, 09:34 AM   #5
HCFGrizzly

Send a message via Skype™ to HCFGrizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardhale View Post
Would be nice to get some feedback. I've always used Google. This is my first time using Bing. My question is quality. We've always seen sales with Google, but 3 weeks in for Bing, nothing. I've been doing PPC successfully for years, so I know everything is optimized.

Google won't approve the site. It's health, you know how that goes. We were told to get scientific proof, which we did. But still won't approve. Facebook hasn't worked, have trouble with approvals there also.

So for those that use Bing and Google, have you noticed less quality for Bing? Any trouble getting off the ground? We've tested for 3 weeks and I have ads and targets really close. Landing pages, we're doing some things. Just wonder about the quality, is there that much of a dropoff between Google and Bing PPC?

Thanks
"is there that much of a dropoff between Google and Bing PPC?"

To answer your question you should only look at the difference in market share between Google and Bing.
That being said, Bing is slowly catching up to the big G, but it will take some time until they can truly be called rivals.
It is good that you are trying to diversify the places you are advertising (as they say - it`s better to not keep all of your eggs in one basket).
The problem that I also had is that Bing is a different medium so it doesn`t completely work like Google. I too had some problems before I got the hang of Bing PPC.
In my opinion you should try to experiment more, change the things around and see how that works in the future.

Good luck

Old 5th March 2016, 04:08 AM   #6
aquisto
Banned

You can target age and gender with Bing ads. This is currently not an option with Google AdWords PPC. Bing lets you boost your cost-per-click bids for customers with your target age or gender. For example, you can have Bing increase your bid 10% if someone between the age of 25 and 34 is searching and by 20% if a woman is searching. (Bing can only identify the age and gender of users who are signed into their Windows Live accounts and have included this information in their profiles.)

aquisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2016, 03:25 PM   #7
CoolHandCol

After using Google shopping for a few years I finally managed to set up Bing shopping. What a complete waste of time! I even rang Bing help centre and they told me their algorithms were a long way behind Google. I've turned it off for now.

Old 28th March 2016, 11:14 PM   #8
dannbarbery

Bing is cheaper compare to Google but you cannot deny that Google converts more than Bing probably because Bing is not a very large network compare to Google.

dannbarbery is offline   Reply With Quote