There are various factors that go into running a successful PPC campaign (not just SEO or PPC), but all should start with a few questions.
1) Do I have a good reputation online (reviews)?
2) Am I running a Search, Display, Native, or Video campaign?
3) Is it going to be run through Mobile, Desktop or both?
4) What is my budget?
5) Is it running locally, nationwide, or globally?
6) Is my landing page search engine optimized?
7) Is my landing page sending a clear message (join mailing list, call now, etc)
8) Is my landing page user friendly/easy to navigate?
If your landing page is search engine optimized, then you are killing two birds with one stone because eventually you will start getting organic traffic to that offer page as well.
Moral of the story: Plan, strategize, execute. Just throwing money into PPC and hoping for the best will never work.
Good day !