Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Link Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th April 2011, 03:51 AM   #11
Lucky Adam

Both techniques are important and are having their own significance and impact. It is fact that to have some loyal visitors, you need to create some valuable contents at the site.

Lucky Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 17th April 2011, 01:54 AM   #12
William Veasley

Send a message via Skype™ to William Veasley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Adam View Post
Both techniques are important and are having their own significance and impact. It is fact that to have some loyal visitors, you need to create some valuable contents at the site.
Hey Lucky,

You are absolutely right, and that's where my focus lies.

God bless,
William Veasley

Old 18th April 2011, 10:27 AM   #13
BSI

Like so many have already stated, good content comes first. I have had my site up for some time before I ever started working on link building or backlinks using article submission sites like Bizsugar. Hope that helps.

BSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 02:51 AM   #14
brightidea

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Veasley View Post
Hey,

My names William Tha Great, here from Houston, Texas.

There are countless ways to build your site from the ground up. The first purpose is usually to bring as much traffic to your site as possible. sEO is by far the best way to bring highly targeted traffic to your site. A major factor that determines your ranking is link building.
While search engine optimization is the best (least expensive) method, most companies never do squat with SEO and end up paying for their marketing and promotion efforts.

Quote:
Usually the more links you have built up coming into your site and the higher you will rank. personally, I know firsthand how tiring link building can be. Properly getting those links will quickly knock a lot of time off your clock. Many people shy away from focusing on link building for this very reason. The talk of the town is that promoting the best content possible will do the link building for you. People have a tendency to naturally link back to powerful content.
Actually, it's the site with the most influential links pointing back to value-added, benefit-laden content that ultimately get the prize. The latest Google Panda algorithm updates have changed link valuation and you may want to do some reading to get an idea of what works and what doesn't.

Quote:
So I'm here to ask if you focus more on link building or developing content?
The focus has to be on both. Great links to crappy content will be treated accordingly. Great links to great content equals happy visitors and happy Google. Hate to refer to Google in such glorified terms, but they are the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

We all have two choices basically. Build stuff the way Google likes it or pay for all marketing and promotion efforts. At this point in time, Yahoo and Bing combined simply don't deliver the visitor traffic volumes that a top ten Google ranking does.

Quote:
Hope to hear your thoughts.

God bless,
William Veasley
Best of luck to you!

brightidea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2011, 03:28 PM   #15
zestylemon

Quote:
So I'm here to ask if you focus more on link building or developing content?
I've got an established site and continue add new content to my site every week and also spend a good couple of hours doing link building. Remember; search engines *love* new content.

zestylemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 01:30 PM   #16
Ted GWL

Ultimate success for your website will be determined according to how satisfied your target audience is with it. That means that in the long run you ultimately have to have better content than your competition.

Link building is more of a way to bridge the gap in time between now and when you get your website to naturally become a superstar in your niche.

So, until you have a website that people consider to be among one of the best in your field, then acquiring new links is going to be more important to your short term success.

Old 12th August 2011, 08:45 AM   #17
smallbus01

GOOD CONTENT > great link building. Any day of the week. You can have all the traffic you wish but without great content, its just wasted.

smallbus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2011, 01:47 PM   #18
LilyEntrust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ava_camen View Post
i say build up good content first before link building. it is important that every potential viewer who clicks your link, actually likes what they see. you must be able to deliver what you promise.. whats the point of having a lot of traffic when you cant generate leads due to poor content?
Very important. If your bounce rate is 100% but you have a lot of external backlinks, Google is going to know the difference.

LilyEntrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2011, 01:59 PM   #19
LilyEntrust

Definitely aim for making something that people want to link to / share / re-tweet, etc. The linkbuilding will take care of itself and search engines love seeing the social media activity. Obviously it's easier said than done but it really is the best strategy and one that the staff over at Google / Bing / etc. want you to be implementing.

LilyEntrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2011, 11:00 PM   #20
Neil D

I think that content is king. If you generate a lot of traffic but you have lousy content then it is unlikely that people will hang around. If you have really good content and a well designed site then people will hang around and potentially link to it themselves.