Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd June 2011, 04:29 PM   #11
Rojae Braga

Send a message via Skype™ to Rojae Braga

Smile

Hi Tola,

You're most welcome. I'm glad that helped.

Thank you also for taking the time to visit our site. Going to our business on virtual assistance, yes, it is a fairly new and growing industry in the online market nowadays. As more and more companies are beginning to do business online, virtual assistants are increasingly becoming in demand.

A virtual assistant does a range of duties, which may include managing your emails, doing administrative and general office tasks, handling your social media accounts, online marketing services, answering phone calls, updating websites, writing articles and a whole lot more. Essentially, the duties of a virtual assistant depends on the needs of the clients and on the specialty or expertise of the VA.

Small business owners, specifically those who have online businesses, are typically the people who use the services of virtual assistants. Virtual assistants help these small business owners by freeing up their workload so that they can focus their energy on tasks that would bring in money to their business instead of using up their time doing administrative tasks.

However with the number of virtual assistants nowadays, it becomes difficult to choose the right one for you. It always pay to do a background check first. And I'd suggest you go for a VA firm than a freelance one.
Itís scary to hire a freelance VA as they might get sick, have emergencies or just generally disappear and leave all your projects hanging! With a VA firm, you can be assured of stability, both in terms of the VAs and technology.

Anyway, what specific advise would you like to have? Just let me know and I'd be more than willing to share some insights. Best of luck to your postgraduate thesis and to your future little one.

Best,
Rojae Braga

Old 24th June 2011, 12:59 PM   #12
BSI

Wel we have three businesses, the main one being Business Security Information, which we use LinkedIn as the main social media marketing site. There is a number of small business groups on LinkedIn which allows you to make professional contacts and participate in discussions with a number of small businesses owners.

For our tech busines (Ironclad Tech Services) we are in the process of setting up to use Facebook for that businesses. The tech business will be a local service company for certain services with a wider customer base for the blog design and social media services.

Lastly for our family survival website (American Family Survival) we will be using YouTube since there is a lot of people who watch prepping and survival videos on YouTube.

So in the end what social media channels do your customers participate in and go there. Also, look at how well the social media marketing channels will help improve the SEO of your site.

Hope that helps.

BSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 03:16 PM   #13
Rojae Braga

Send a message via Skype™ to Rojae Braga

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSI View Post
Wel we have three businesses, the main one being Business Security Information, which we use LinkedIn as the main social media marketing site. There is a number of small business groups on LinkedIn which allows you to make professional contacts and participate in discussions with a number of small businesses owners.

For our tech busines (Ironclad Tech Services) we are in the process of setting up to use Facebook for that businesses. The tech business will be a local service company for certain services with a wider customer base for the blog design and social media services.

Lastly for our family survival website (American Family Survival) we will be using YouTube since there is a lot of people who watch prepping and survival videos on YouTube.

So in the end what social media channels do your customers participate in and go there. Also, look at how well the social media marketing channels will help improve the SEO of your site.

Hope that helps.
Hi BSI,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here.

Indeed, selecting the right media to send out your message is an important step to developing your sales and marketing plan. There are no hard-and-fast rules as to which media is better. The right media for one business may be wrong for another.

I'm glad social media channels seem to be working well for your business. Best of luck to you!

Cheers,
Rojae

Old 6th December 2012, 12:56 AM   #14
accurate.cygnet

It depends. If the marketing is business to business, Twitter is the best. If you want to make it famous and generate some good leads, I'd recommend you to use facebook.

accurate.cygnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2012, 04:34 PM   #15
Toshiba

Pepper, love your website & the name!

So far I've been using Twitter & Facebook to build my blogging business, so far I've really had some success with it. What's funny is you were talking about LinkedIn & I really haven't gotten going with it yet but I've definitely heard about how valuable it is .

Someone did send me a webinar training on LinkedIn & I'm going to get around to watching it pretty soon.

But I have a question for you, out of Twitter, Facebook & LinkedIn which one of these sites would you prefer when it comes to building a business online?

Toshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2012, 02:49 AM   #16
accurate.cygnet

I think Google + is gaining prominence these days. I personally love the hang out feature. You can keep your clients and customers updated and have a great video chat from any corner of the world.

Old 28th January 2013, 07:38 AM   #17
accurate.cygnet

Facebook and Google + is the best social media for me.

Old 28th January 2013, 07:28 PM   #18
squadron

Send a message via Skype™ to squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojae Braga View Post
Just curious to see which social media sites are getting the most play and why. Feel free to post any follow-up or relative info to the thread!

It's Linkedin for me. Especially Linkedin groups. There are groups for all sorts of interests and a great way of building a targeted mailing list.

squadron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 12:56 AM   #19
Kevin Smtih

1- Facebook
2- Twitter
3- Pinterest
4- Linkedin Groups
4- YouTube

Old 29th January 2013, 04:14 AM   #20
darkavenger972

Facebook

darkavenger972 is offline   Reply With Quote