Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th November 2014, 01:21 AM   #1
selllaptop

Default Site Ranking

My site rank results are going down. What is the way o control my site ranking in serp results?

selllaptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 25th November 2014, 07:09 AM   #2
erikathomson
VIP Contributor

Do not spam your links
and try to update your metas and title and use those keywords in descriptions that are ranking well for your website.

Old 25th November 2014, 07:41 AM   #3
Melissa Feeney

Quote:
Originally Posted by selllaptop View Post
My site rank results are going down. What is the way o control my site ranking in serp results?
Even I was facing the same problem and now I can see slowly ranking is improving. Do submissions in the high quality website, and build Dofollow backlinks from the sites with good domain domain authority.

Actively participate in the social networking sites, and keep sharing valuable and informative post.

Old 29th November 2014, 01:27 PM   #4
MBA Trainer
VIP Contributor

There are two reasons for down ranking of sites

1- irregular routine of work
2- Google has penalized your site

For first reason, do your work with frequency and consistency. For second reason no solution to get ranking back

Old 29th November 2014, 05:12 PM   #5
ppcsuccess2014

Hey,
i see the best course of action to perform to control your ranking is checking your backlinks. It might be you got infections from some bad links. Also, start to make some inbound marketing.
Hope it helps

Old 1st December 2014, 03:45 AM   #6
shaunanderson

Content marketing strategy is a useful for small business . Create valuable and unique content and submit it on high quality websites. It helps to increase your ranking, traffic and brand awareness.

shaunanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2014, 11:56 AM   #7
DeniseTaylor
VIP Contributor

Unfortunately, a quick check to your site won't likely reveal the true source of your downtrend. There have been several algorithmic shifts that could be affecting you. The short version is that backlinks to your site could be harming you and/or there are issues with your content and site's quality.

If you've been negatively affected by the above, recovery may not be overnight. Your best course of action is to review your backlinking activities and eliminate any that involve questionable or "easy" sites. In fact, if you've been more active with link-building than other activities, it might be a good idea to put those activities on hold and focus more on content. You may actually have to remove bad links if you don't recover.

Additionally, your content must be original and high quality in order to compete with other sites. Cookie-cutter content or articles manufactured with article spinners are now deadly to a site. Visitor behavior is now a primary concern and it is wise to shift your focus to user experience.

These developments can take time so its best to begin making any necessary changes as soon as possible.

Hope this helps!

DeniseTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2014, 07:06 AM   #8
mindstreak
VIP Contributor

Just don't perform any links building for a few days and let the keywords attain a certain position of rankings in the search results, then you can decide on the other tasks which needs to be performed.

Old 3rd December 2014, 02:41 PM   #9
JC1227

From my experience running a website, I think consistency is very important. You have to put out good content regularly to gain trust from search engines.

Old 4th December 2014, 04:24 AM   #10
erikathomson
VIP Contributor

Stop your link building activities for some time and remove duplicate content from your website and blogs and put fresh and unique updated content.
Check your websites on page changes.