Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Local Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd May 2013, 03:23 PM   #1
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Default Can Small Businesses Benefit From Local SEO

Making an impact on the World Wide Web can be daunting for small businesses. The initial instinct is often to appeal to the largest audience possible online. However, when your brick and mortar business is located in a provincial town, small businesses can benefit better from local SEO than an all-encompassing search strategy. Optimizing local search listings can help small businesses increase their online presence with limited budget.

Read more - http://www.smallbizviewpoints.com/20...rom-local-seo/

AngelBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 6th May 2013, 03:25 PM   #2
SWAMP80

Depending on the business, Facebook ppc can be really great too. Really helps hone in on the demographics, geographics and interests of your community!

SWAMP80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 09:51 PM   #3
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAMP80 View Post
Depending on the business, Facebook ppc can be really great too. Really helps hone in on the demographics, geographics and interests of your community!
Agree.

AngelBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 10:48 PM   #4
panthervision23
VIP Contributor

Regional online marketing tend to produce more favorable results than global OM. Besides it's less stressful. It is much more segmented, allowing you to focus your energy on a few things.

panthervision23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 06:38 AM   #5
roneidaselva

Default Can Small Businesses Benefit From Local SEO

Why not!!! Small businesses perfect to do local optimization. I presume that future is for local searches. Those small businesses are located in their local search engine they are going to get the profit.

roneidaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2013, 04:33 AM   #6
Alastair

Don't call it local SEO. Call it local internet marketing. And then i will say yes it can.

Alastair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 02:04 AM   #7
PremOutshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthervision23 View Post
Regional online marketing tend to produce more favorable results than global OM. Besides it's less stressful. It is much more segmented, allowing you to focus your energy on a few things.
Exactly. Thank you so much for the post.

PremOutshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 09:55 AM   #8
PatprecisionE
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by roneidaselva View Post
I presume that future is for local searches.
Agreed. I think most small businesses should focus locally. That seems to be were things are headed, so better start doing it now.

PatprecisionE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 08:11 AM   #9
Yomi

Local search marketing is definitely beneficial to small brick and mortar businesses. I will tell you what is even more effective. Word of mouth through social media.

I have 2 sites that I have built for lead generation. I used search marketing and social media to drive phone calls for the services I was promoting. When callers were asked how did they hear about the service almost all of them said they were prompted to call by recommendations from their friends on social media.

So I say this to say use local search marketing to get local customers into your brick and mortar business. When they come into your establishment make sure you get them connected to your social media networks to drive word of mouth marketing.

Yomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 09:30 AM   #10
BeBizsmart
VIP Contributor

Most definitely.Small businesses can benefit a lot from local seo.
Users searching for localised terms elevate business conversion.Today,more and more people are using online means to go about their decision making (comparison of prices,variety of products on sale etc)before they purchase a product or service.Some look for the testimonials on the various sites they are doing their shopping,others use social media platforms like Facebook to see what others are saying about your business (you would be surprised the percentage of people who rely on this information to make that buy decision,really),others seek assistance from forums like this one and so on.In a nutshell,since the customer is in the locality of your business,there is a higher chance that he/she will follow through to your business website and eventually make that phone call,write that email or visit the premises in person.