Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd February 2010, 03:16 PM   #11
Kewlieo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggieBoy View Post
I'm currently a year 11 high school student (from England). I turned 16 yesterday and am interested in starting a small online business. For the last two years of school I have been selling snacks for a profit of approximately 10 ($20 at todays exchange rate) a day.

I have a keen interest in poker, having won just over $3000 playing online poker at a winrate of $20 an hour. I also enjoy football (soccer), computer gaming and love working with numbers. I have spent a lot of time researching investing as this is something I am interested in doing when I am older.

I would be willing to invest upto 2000 ($4000) on this business.
I understand there is not much a 16 year old can do business-wise and I understand I will not make vast amounts of money, but any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
I would say that you should take your interests and build on that. I wouldn't use poker as it is very saturated and you wont really make your investment back.
Go for games or football, or even both. Put games and football into google and see what the top 10 searches are and then take their ideas and try and think of ways to expand them and make them unique and you will have a great website.

Also don't think that because you are 16 means you are not business wise, use the net as your tool, learn and you will succeed

Kewlieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 3rd February 2010, 05:23 PM   #12
JasonCase24

You know what, when I was at your age, I'm already doing the same thing. I'm into different kinds of business both in investment and selling of service. Now, I'm still into it. The good thing is that I'm enjoying earning money in a way that I'm more comfortable with. The only lesson I can share to you know is engaged yourself to something that you really enjoy. No doubt, you'll be successful on that. If you want to sell, do an online shopping site. If you want computers, do reviews for gadgets. Goodluck!

JasonCase24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 08:25 AM   #13
anselrobert

It is really great to start business at the age of 16. My advice to you is that must do that you are passionate about and willing to work hard at.
If you are interesting in website designing then go for designing and you can earn good from that business.

E-business Strategy

Last edited by anselrobert; 23rd July 2010 at 02:51 AM.
anselrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 11:57 AM   #14
SEOGOOROO

you sound like me

its good that you started so early. just remember you are going to have a lot of obstacles in the way of success but never let them get you down!

that being said if i were you i'd focus on internet marketing. the reason i say this is because a lot of people unfortunately will look down on you because you are young. instead of always trying to swim up that stream you could be a very successful internet marketer at any age....it only depends on your knowledge, ability, and action.

SEOGOOROO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2011, 12:29 PM   #15
davidm4210

Is it possible to expand your snack business? Perhaps outside of the school? Maybe you could look into vending machines

davidm4210 is offline   Reply With Quote