Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Ideas Forum Info > New Member Introductions
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th July 2005, 10:00 AM   #1
yuca

Default Hello, I m new here. Need advises for teens business

hello everybody, I am new here and need advises from you guys for my teens accessories small business. Have been trying to use SEO and free sumbitted to search engines. Seems doesn't have any help and now having a second promotion to sending gifts out. But still have no idea how to spead out my site to let people knows me

yuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 20th July 2005, 11:35 AM   #2
Logan
Administrator

Welcome to the forum

Does your site have anything truly unique (content/functionality) that would motivate someone to link to your site without an incentive (money, recip link, etc) to do so?

Old 20th July 2005, 09:57 PM   #3
yuca

Smile

Hi & thanks Logan ! Do you mean even a shopping site need to add some kind of function in order to add on the site value? Like games or whatever?

Old 21st July 2005, 08:44 AM   #4
outbuy

Default Unique

I think Logan is asking whether you have unique/new products that no one else offers.

A lot of different things drive search engines. One is the value of your links: how many different pages are linked to your site. If other webpages link to your sites (better of course if they have a good ranking in the search engines), the better chance your site will be found several times, and ranked higher.

I state it many times, and believe it to a degree, you may have to sell some of your items on E-bay or other shopping sites to generate interest, even if just a few a month. Those MAY (stressed in caps) start generating some traffic. If you can get in on other teen related sites though with some advertising or a link, I think you will be much better off.

outbuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2005, 10:21 AM   #5
yuca

I have unique/new products upload regularly and extreme low price that no one else can offers is my selling point.

I was thinking that it may be a dream result if I can put my site on a high ranking. But on the other hand, I was thinking that I shouldn't do it in this way, cos teens/preteens don't use "OUR" search engines, I mean they have their search engines for kids or whatever. is this wrong But I have tried to post my products in eBay earlier. But seems those category is too general, not specific to any age group. You are right, I should get in on other teen related sites though with some advertising or a link.

Old 21st July 2005, 11:22 AM   #6
Logan
Administrator

not to be harsh but the following isn't really unique:

Quote:
I have unique/new products upload regularly and extreme low price that no one else can offers is my selling point.
When considering what your unique proposition is stay away from the product itself or pricing. Really everyone thinks they have that and everyone competes on that. Its fair to say if you don't have good products and very competitive pricing that you won't have success selling on the internet usually, but it is not a good foundation to sell solely upon. You have to have it, but is there something else you can provide within your marketing mix outside of the product/pricing to distinguish yourself and make an unbeatable offer? Its not as easy as it sounds, but can make all the difference once you do start to generate visitors. What can you offer that is truly unique?

Quote:
I was thinking that it may be a dream result if I can put my site on a high ranking. But on the other hand, I was thinking that I shouldn't do it in this way, cos teens/preteens don't use "OUR" search engines, I mean they have their search engines for kids or whatever. is this wrong
i think wrong, most use the major search engines, although you will find niche specific ones that will be much more qualified - but the drawback is they don't usually have many visitors. Your market may not be just teens also, its a tough market as they usually don't have a credit card to complete the purchase. Maybe mom, dad, siblings or friends may make purchases of your products for teens. You can get good rankings in the search engines, but you should be realistic when setting expectations. It will take time, initially 3,6, 12 months and a lot of patience. Also you should start out by trying to rank for words that are not very competitive (aka - not a lot of people with those words on their web pages). Use a tool like wordtracker.com or overture for researching popularity of words. To see how competitive the keyword phrase is do an exact match search in your search engines. For example search yahoo/msn/google for "keyword phrase here" with quotes. if there are hundreds of thousands of results with that phrase try to find alternatives without so many. I'm sure you can rank with time for less competitive words especially those with less than 10000. Read the basics and do the basics, get 'some/not a ton' of links to your various pages and give it some time and you will rank for less competitive terms. The traffic won't be as heavy, but the users will be very qualified based on your keyword phrase. Target a lot of various (less competitive) keyword phrases over many pages. As you get the hang of that, move up and try some more competitive words based on what you have learned works and doesn't.

Old 21st July 2005, 10:49 PM   #7
divshow
VIP Contributor

Hi Yuca ~

Would you mind sharing your website with us so we can take a look and perhaps give you some targeted advice?

By the way...welcome to the forum!

~ Lisa

Old 22nd July 2005, 09:48 AM   #8
yuca

Hi Divshow,

Here's my site www.astralbox.com

Please take a look and give me comments too, thanks so much!

Old 27th July 2005, 07:12 PM   #9
dschutte

Welcome!

dschutte is offline   Reply With Quote