Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd June 2011, 10:21 AM   #1
jSwift37

Default Backlinks

Does anybody have any recommendations of how to find the best backlinks?

jSwift37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 22nd June 2011, 04:38 PM   #2
Rojae Braga

Send a message via Skype™ to Rojae Braga

Smile

Hi jSwift37,

Building quality backlinks for your website is nothing more than knowing where to look and how to place your efforts effectively, not to mention it is also something that needs to be done regularly.

Here are some steps that you can take:

1. Posts to social networks like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. The backlinks you can get here are very beneficial, as the search engines place a high value on them.
2. Blog Commenting: This is a popular way to gain targeted backlinks that many bloggers and webmasters take advantage of. You simply look for blogs that are active in your niche, and then post comments on their latest posts.
3. Participate in Online Forums (like what we are doing here). There are tons of discussion forums on the Internet in various niches. You’ll find that most of these forums will let you insert a link to your blog or website right into your signature.
4. Submit to Article Directories. There are many broad as well as targeted directories on the Internet that allow you to submit your articles, and have your link mentioned in the resource box.
5. Yellow Pages are Good for Backlinks: Sites such as Yellowpages.com and Yellowbook.com can be effective for getting backlinks. Just be sure to only send them links that are relevant.

All in all, generating quality backlinks to your site on a regular basis is not that difficult if you know what you’re doing. It will take time to start seeing results and before your site reaches the top spot in major search engines. But again, until and unless you take consistent action, you won’t see any real results coming your way.

Hope this helps. Feel free to share this with others also

Best,
Rojae

Old 1st July 2011, 12:53 AM   #3
Hulbert Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jSwift37 View Post
Google places high value on in-text links, so if you can get a back link from something like a guest post with an in-text link back to your site, then you will have a very good back link that's worth more than heaps of low PR profile links.

Hulbert Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2011, 07:23 AM   #4
M.Rebecca

Most popular link developing techniques include:
- Listing in high quality directories (Google directory, yahoo directory, DMOZ) and other popular niche directories
- Submitting your website to social bookmarking & social networking sites
- Posting on online forums
- Submitting your website to popular directories
- Writing guest posts for related blogs to your niche.
- Writing emails to other bloggers/ website owners in your niche offering them to guest post
- Writing content that is deliberately designed to attract links towards it.
- Creating small blogs to pump links to your main site.
- Creating Squidoo lenses

Guest posting works best for me. I use a tool called ‘Keyword Country’ to pin-point related, authority blogs to guest post on.

M.Rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 12:08 PM   #5
viper_one
VIP Contributor

I've even went so far as to build smaller sites that back-linked to my major site. Yes I did. I would use the same hosting service but with different domain name, I don't buy into the theory that is considered 'illegal' by the search engine's algorithm.

Old 4th July 2011, 12:24 AM   #6
DennisChang
VIP Contributor

Backlinks from related sites and/or content would be useful.

DennisChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 06:25 AM   #7
shanehubert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jSwift37 View Post
Guest posting on high authority blogs. It will give you strong backlinks as well as huge traffic.

shanehubert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 06:43 AM   #8
hannahraasch

Gaining quality backlinks for any website is nothing more difficult than knowing where to look and put your overall efforts into. Internet marketers across the globe know the true value of consistency, when backlink creation is concerned. Consistently completing the whole backlink gaining procedure is the best way for you to contribute to your SEO efforts.

So here are some suggestions to get back link from:
1. Posting some fresh well written content on routine basis on your website.

2. Creating unique blog content and posting it on different blog platform using main Keywords as anchor Texts.

3. You can use your forum answer posting activity to get links from signature by giving related answers to the particular posts. Avoid Spamming

4. For local result you can take help of Google Local Submission, so you can capture you local market easily.

5. Directory Submission is very helpful for local as well as niche businesses.

I can provide more suggestions if you need , Do lemme know

hannahraasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 09:18 AM   #9
melissacatwalk

From my point of view the best links are from blogs and blog comments and from articles as blog offer great content as well as articles.

melissacatwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 02:36 PM   #10
3Aces

Send a message via Skype™ to 3Aces

I have been trying forum commenting, social bookmarking and article submission in order to attract some quality bls. That's what I do, but I think that I am still a noob as far as link building is concerned :P