Building quality backlinks for your website is nothing more than knowing where to look and how to place your efforts effectively, not to mention it is also something that needs to be done regularly.
Here are some steps that you can take:
1. Posts to social networks like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. The backlinks you can get here are very beneficial, as the search engines place a high value on them.
2. Blog Commenting: This is a popular way to gain targeted backlinks that many bloggers and webmasters take advantage of. You simply look for blogs that are active in your niche, and then post comments on their latest posts.
3. Participate in Online Forums (like what we are doing here). There are tons of discussion forums on the Internet in various niches. You’ll find that most of these forums will let you insert a link to your blog or website right into your signature.
4. Submit to Article Directories. There are many broad as well as targeted directories on the Internet that allow you to submit your articles, and have your link mentioned in the resource box.
5. Yellow Pages are Good for Backlinks: Sites such as Yellowpages.com and Yellowbook.com can be effective for getting backlinks. Just be sure to only send them links that are relevant.
All in all, generating quality backlinks to your site on a regular basis is not that difficult if you know what you’re doing. It will take time to start seeing results and before your site reaches the top spot in major search engines. But again, until and unless you take consistent action, you won’t see any real results coming your way.
Hope this helps. Feel free to share this with others also