Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Affiliate Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd November 2007, 11:07 PM   #1
Bryan Ellis

Default Where Do I Find Affiliates?

I run a home business in the travel industry and have done pretty well buying leads and contacting them on the phone. The travel industry is huge and growing rapidly and I want to expand my business. I have a wonderful product in travel packages and also make nice commisions when I help people start their own business. It has been very satisfying to help others along with my self achieve our goals. Now I would like to raise the bar and start marketing online. I am new to advertising online but know that done right my business would absolutely explode! I am starting to consider having affiliates market my product for me. The commisions I make range between $1000-7500 per sale, so I could definately afford to share a piece of that with some marketers. I am new to this and am wondering how I would go about finding affiliates who could market this and make wonderful commisions.

Bryan Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 27th November 2007, 08:01 PM   #2
Steven_D

I set up a very small affiliates system with my site, and I got more of my current affiliates from http://www.affiliatesdirectory.com/directory/

I got very little traffic from anywhere else.

Steven_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2007, 11:03 PM   #3
LCGoldman

Check out linkshare.com to add your company there... Or, just try a google search on "affiliate programs' to find others.

LCGoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 01:01 PM   #4
Bryan Ellis

Thanks, I will try that. The more I think about it, I would have no problem giving a nice commision to someone who markets for me.

Old 30th November 2007, 01:04 PM   #5
LCGoldman

I always believe it's good to take good care of the "hands "that feed you

LCGoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2007, 12:50 AM   #6
Bryan Ellis

I am not sure why I am not getting any responses on here. I am looking for affiliates to promote my product and make 50% commisions on all sales. Which would mean no less than $500 dollars and up to a couple thousand dollars per sale. I would be more than willing to share profits with motivated, skilled marketers that no much more than me in this field. I would just like to know where I could find these people.

Old 16th December 2007, 12:47 PM   #7
floridafun

For finding new (super) affiliates check out the "Affiliate Recruiter" by Syntryx. It's not cheap but worth it, if you are serious about your affiliate program. The service is actually more than just a locator tools affiliate partner, but it has several special features that were created just for this purpose

floridafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 10:37 AM   #8
pete
VIP Contributor

Frankly, your site would eliminate any desire I might have to be associated with you. I can't imagine anyone taking it seriously.

Further, it is obvious you are a member of one of the online travel groups. I'd think most people would also avoid that. Or join on their own.

This is only my opinion, and I may be way off on my feelings about your site, but once that glass started traveling I was done.

pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2007, 08:04 AM   #9
entrepreneur

Default Affiliate with you Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Ellis View Post
I run a home business in the travel industry and have done pretty well buying leads and contacting them on the phone. The travel industry is huge and growing rapidly and I want to expand my business. I have a wonderful product in travel packages and also make nice commisions when I help people start their own business. It has been very satisfying to help others along with my self achieve our goals. Now I would like to raise the bar and start marketing online. I am new to advertising online but know that done right my business would absolutely explode! I am starting to consider having affiliates market my product for me. The commisions I make range between $1000-7500 per sale, so I could definately afford to share a piece of that with some marketers. I am new to this and am wondering how I would go about finding affiliates who could market this and make wonderful commisions.
I would like to have an affiliate with your company. I have got a travel & tour company in a country called Tanzania in East Africa (website still in construction). Tanzania has got a world famous natural attraction that includes Mount Kilimanjaro, the Serengeti National Park, the Zanzibar island that remains a rustic paradise surrounded with the Indian ocean and the Ngorongoro Conservation area.
We even have parks in the western and southern parts of our country such as Selous Game Reserve. With my experience in travel/hospitality i believe my company can be helpful to the tourists coming down here. Please let me know the criteria required for partnership with your company.

entrepreneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 04:47 AM   #10
cashinez

Default Hello

I am also in the Travel, Resorts really, World Wide. Top-Luxury-Resorts is where you can find me. I also run small business from home as well. This picks up alot for the advertising costs. There have been several great areas to market in and several that want large money amounts, with very little to give back. Send me a e-mail and I will be in touch with you.To your success!

cashinez is offline   Reply With Quote