Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Website Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th June 2014, 10:59 AM   #1
danieldd

Send a message via Skype™ to danieldd
Default Website Review

Best Move's website is live. Now I am looking for expert opinion from a SEO standpoint. I've previously requested reviews from visitor/customer perspective, but since the website's priority object is ranking, I'd love to ask you to review it and advise me if there's anything to do to improve it.

Here are several things that bother me:
  • the interlinking of the website - there are content links that aim to guide the visitor to relevant pages. Do you think I've achieved it on the main service pages?
  • what do you think of the content? Is it well optimised, relevant and informative?
  • Would you have a page like that: http://www.bestmove.co.uk/areas-we-cover/
  • Would you use <meta name="robots" content="noindex,follow/> on the Prices Page?

To anyone who takes the time to review my website, I promise to do a favour of your choice. Any suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by danieldd; 30th June 2014 at 05:18 PM.
danieldd is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 17th August 2014, 02:32 AM   #2
MarketingDoctor
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to MarketingDoctor

Arrow

Hi Daniel,

Sorry this is so late — I only just saw your request.

You can view my credentials here: http://profitclinic.com.au/credentials/
Peer comments are here: http://profitclinic.com.au/expert-opinions/

Initial response

Your site layout suffers from fragmentation. There's no clear and unmistakable visual centre of gravity. Not even your header images — which are the logical choice — are free from this distraction.

As a rule of thumb, the optimum number of visual elements competing for the visitor's attention should be no more than FIVE (5). Your home page, above the fold (displayed on a desktop screen without scrolling) has at least 15-16! Even your header image has at least 4.

With that kind of competition, many visitors will become either confused or intimidated — and most will leave. I'd be interested to see your bounce rate stats… I suspect that they're fairly high.

Positioning Strategy

The overwhelming impression given by testimonials from clients is that you're safer, easier, faster and more reliable than other removalists.

While your name/logo is "Best Move", few people believe superlatives — they dismiss them as hype. But that's your company name/brand and changing it to something like "Smart Move", which is more credible and encouraging, would be expensive and unnecessary if you adapt your positioning statement from "Your new beginning starts here" (which is warm and fuzzy, but not particularly strong) to focus on those emotional appeals spelled out in client testimonials — "Safer. Easier. Faster. Smarter."

Use the current positioning statement elsewhere in your advertising and promotions, but think about strengthening the message: most people move with changes in their lives — new jobs, expanding families, downsizing for 'empty-nesters', etc — so a slogan like “Your new life starts here!” hits a real nerve. But use it as a headline in a brochure or display ad, your web site, etc, not as a positioning statement. It's an attention-grabber.

Space prevents a much more in-depth appraisal — and my time — but I strongly recommend the following article as a starting point for tightening up and focusing your site's core message and conversion rating. The essentials are all there right now, but the impact and sizzle are missing, diluted and diffused.

http://conversionxl.com/5-principles...ve-web-design/

Good luck with it!

MarketingDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2014, 02:45 PM   #3
danieldd

With the little traffic the site gets the bounce rate is less than 50% and once the users start flowing I bet it will decrease, so it's not so bad, is it...

I agree about the overwhelming quantity of visual elements. The part with the testimonials is also good to know.

Excellent review which left me with a lot of food for thought!

Thank you Marketing Doctor!

Old 21st August 2014, 03:11 PM   #4
MarketingDoctor
VIP Contributor

Talking

You're very welcome, Daniel — hope it helps!

Old 31st December 2014, 07:14 AM   #5
Ali kazmi

The complete site design is perfect I have checked. As per my opinion, Keep updated your blog daily, It required blog posting daily or 3 blog post in a week.

Ali kazmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2015, 05:40 AM   #6
MarketingDoctor
VIP Contributor

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali kazmi View Post
The complete site design is perfect I have checked. As per my opinion, Keep updated your blog daily, It required blog posting daily or 3 blog post in a week.
That might be okay for a brand-style web site, but for LOCAL search, reviews from clients are much more useful and effective.

Sorry, but this advice simply isn't all that relevant for your type of business and web site.

Focus instead on getting all of your citations accurate and consistent on LOCAL search, directories and review sites.

Those citations and directory listing MUST be consistent for ALL of them. Make Google+ Local your flagship listing/citation, then duplicate the information on all other directories and review sites.

Old 6th January 2015, 02:25 AM   #7
Charles EB

Default SEO Help required

I have been considering SEO for a website.

Social Bookmarking, classifieds, ppt, pdf, video, directory, blogs, articles, etc submission have been considered.

What else can be done to bring in more traffic and increase Keyword ranking?

And how long do i have to do it to get favorable results.

Charles EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2015, 12:48 PM   #8
danieldd

There are lots of threads on this forum where you can find information.

First, consider making your website valuable to the visitor - informative content, images, all the details a customer may want, technically error-free website, etc. This is of foremost importance before doing the things you mentioned.

Results - 6 to 12 months, if you know what you are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles EB View Post

I have been considering SEO for a website.

Social Bookmarking, classifieds, ppt, pdf, video, directory, blogs, articles, etc submission have been considered.

What else can be done to bring in more traffic and increase Keyword ranking?

And how long do i have to do it to get favorable results.

Old 22nd January 2015, 05:42 AM   #9
deadmix

I think all what the friends said is very good on SEO point.. but i think in my Opinion that you must think about the Title You use.. There is no Rich Keywords On them... and it's bad for your website's SEO....

deadmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2015, 03:25 AM   #10
RDWM

Not bad! Don't forget to optimize title tags!!