Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th July 2009, 01:16 PM   #1
scott cline

Default Ideas For New Window Cleaning Business

My name is Scott Cline and I am interested in starting a new business in Fresno California. I am looking to start a window cleaning business and was wondering if anyone had any ideas? if you are a window cleaner and work in this area, please advise me of your business. I am also looding for a great name for my business. Any Ideas?
Thanks,
Scott Cline

scott cline is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 6th July 2009, 01:44 PM   #2
MarcinR

Hi Scott,

I was thinking about this type of business few months ago but went into something different, I've just changed my mind. there is great site that you should visit www.windowcleaningresource.com You will get many informations and people there are realy helpful.When it comes to business name its always though but I will try: clear view, splash flash, windows care.

best of luck
Marcin

MarcinR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 03:30 PM   #3
scott cline

Thank You for the information Macin. I will start there.
Thanks again.
Scott

Old 6th July 2009, 11:16 PM   #4
RanksIntl

Default RE: Ideas For New Window Cleaning Business Reply to Thread

Hello!

How soon are you looking to start? Are you planning on targeting residential or commercial clients?

You should start with a business plan. With a business plan you can start to write down your ideas and create a concept for where you want to go.

If you can give me some more information on your potential business maybe I can be of some help!

RanksIntl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 10:44 AM   #5
jrobconsult

How are you going to get new clients? There are many possibilities. One approach is get free or large price reductions for the initial window cleaning to get testimonials. Once you get credibility, you can charge your regular price. How are you going to market it besides word of mouth? It can be flyers / brochures, website or placing ads in local media, or face to face with your potential customers.

Personally, I would use all of those methods and think of some gimmick to get free publicity, such as doing free window cleaning for non-profits or some local citizens or businesses that have encountered bad luck. Or if you really wanted to go for it, pick one day as a free window cleaning day. Sonic, Ihop, and Denny have gotten plenty of free publicity for their freebies this year.

I just think with a tough economy, you need to think out of the box to be successful.

Old 13th July 2009, 02:10 PM   #6
scott cline

Hello Renee',
Sorry it took so long to reply, I was trying to start in about 60 days when I get some things put in place. Thanks for the ideas. I will check into this.
Scott

Old 13th July 2009, 02:15 PM   #7
scott cline

Hello Jrob Consult.
Those are great ideas! Thank you. I will investigate all of these options. I really didn't think about those at all. That is a great start because I don't have the testimonials or publicity.
Thanks for the ideas.
Scott

Old 12th December 2015, 05:10 AM   #8
bill.macer7963

I'm newbie in the field> I want to start my own window cleaning business, so these tips will be really helpful to me. Thanks!

bill.macer7963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2015, 12:13 AM   #9
MyLaunchKits

Send a message via Skype™ to MyLaunchKits

This thread is very old so I wonder how it all worked out for Scott....

For what it's worth though, and for Bill's benefit, I used to run a restaurant and there was a guy who cleaned our windows once a week (I think he charged $10 or $15 or something like that).

Anyhow, the way he got the gig was he just showed up one day and started cleaning the front window. Ordinarily it was the staffs job to clean the windows so they weren't about to stop him lol.

After he was done he came in and had a little flyer printed up with his name and info on it and all of his contact information. He didn't want any payment for that cleaning, it was just a freebie demonstration.

Now I'm not saying you should necessarily grab your squeegee and go clean 100 windows for free but... it worked for that guy.

I came to find out he cleaned about half the town and it pretty much all started out that way.

I figure he can easily do 20 or so windows a day. $10-$15 a pop.... not too shabby.

MyLaunchKits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 12:32 AM   #10
jaynorth

Well there is pretty good no. of window cleaners everywhere, you to offer competitive price & quality to your customer, so that you can stay ahead in race.

jaynorth is offline   Reply With Quote