Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st October 2015, 08:04 AM   #1
hrishivardhan

Default My Website Keywords Stuck At 3rd Page For Long Time, Need Suggestions To Improve!!

Hello friends,
My website's main keywords stuck at 3rd page form 5 to 6 months. They are in 5400 and 1300 in average search volume and the competition is high. What to do to improve my keywords rankings?

My content writer is doing well and my SEO activities are being done regularly, but rankings dont have any improvements!!

Please suggest me a way to improve my rankings.

P.S. Please do not list SEO activities like forum posting, web 2.0, social bookmarking and so on..
If you have other than this, reply is valuable else for me it is spam.

Thank you.

hrishivardhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 1st October 2015, 09:50 AM   #2
DeniseTaylor
VIP Contributor

These days most of the past SEO techniques don't work. Google wants quality and it wants to improve visitor experience.

You are being ranked where you are for a reason. Basically, Google things the pages above you are better than you.

So ... look at those pages that are ranking higher. Those are the people you have to beat. What can you do to make your page(s) better than theirs? Do you need more content on those pages? Is anything left out? Is the voice of your pages not as engaging? Do you have too many ads or is the design somehow less appealing?

Observe who's beating you and get better. That's what you need to do.

Hope that helps!

DeniseTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2015, 11:14 AM   #3
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Two things:

One - There are plenty of SEO techniques that still work quite well. What doesn't work well these days are most of the "quick fix" tactics of the SEO-wannabees. Real SEO hasn't changed much in over 10 years, and it still works just fine.

The thing is, it doesn't work overnight.

I know, five to six months doesn't seem like "overnight," but it still may not be enough time for SEO to take effect, depending on the market you're targeting and the level of competition. SEO is very definitely a long-term proposition, and depending on what niche you're focused on and how good a job your competitors have done of optimizing their sites, you could be looking at a years-long process. (For some highly-competitive markets with deeply-entrenched market leaders, you may be looking at a very long and expensive uphill climb with no guarantees of success at all, ever.)

Two -- Absolutely, you don't want to waste your time with outdated "link building" activities. However, I'm concerned that the only optimization you mention doing is on-page.

You definitely need high-quality content, but you still need links as well. The thing is, those links need to be just as high quality as your content. You are quite correct that links you "build" yourself -- social bookmarking, spamming forums and blog comment streams, posting free classified ads, etc. -- will not benefit your pages. To be valuable in today's environment, ideally links should be earned, not "built."

So what are you doing to acquire links?

If you need some ideas, Google "Eric Ward" (a.k.a. "LinkMoses"). He has hundreds of free articles you can read right away, and a (paid) newsletter that I have found very valuable for generating ideas of how to acquire and earn those editorial links that Google is looking for.

My

--Torka

Last edited by torka; 1st October 2015 at 11:17 AM.
torka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2015, 06:22 AM   #4
larinaperez4

Default Suggestions to improve keywords ranking

SEO need more work when your keywords on at 2nd or 3rd page. Secondly there might be some errors on your pages. First of all you have to remove the errors.

Old 5th October 2015, 06:04 AM   #5
alexjames212

@Torka, Thanks for sharing the idea, I just came to know about Eric Ward, seems like he knows what he does, ill surely follow him.

alexjames212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2015, 06:33 AM   #6
hrishivardhan

@Torka
I would like to thank you for sharing this .

hrishivardhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2015, 12:01 AM   #7
chrisjohn93
VIP Contributor

thanks for sharing this valuable information with us this will really very helpful for all.

chrisjohn93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2015, 12:31 AM   #8
iphone77
VIP Contributor

If your keywords are still in 3rd position. Your doing same methodology. Just try parallely social media marketing and blog submission.

hope this could help you.

Old 19th October 2015, 01:23 AM   #9
handsomegenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishivardhan View Post
my SEO activities are being done regularly
can you elaborate on these?

handsomegenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 07:13 AM   #10
jackluter
VIP Contributor

Try some different techniques like infographic,and insert blogs in your web site with the latest updates so that crawler visit your website regularly so that you may rank better in search results.

jackluter is offline   Reply With Quote