Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Computer Software
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th February 2008, 08:50 PM   #1
Golf-T

Default I'm Looking For Software To Send Bulk/broadcast SMS (text Messages), Any Suggestions?

Hello all,
I posted this thread in "Newsletters and Email Marketing" section of this forum, and have had 41 people view it but still no answer. So I thought I'd try posting it here, it seems like a more appropiate area.
Iím going to be starting a business where I will need to get detailed information to people such as what time to show up, where to show up, what type of wardrobe to wear. Ultimately (hopefully ) it could be as many as 500+ people. I donít want to have to make that many phone calls (especially if the location changes or wardrobe changes or the time to show up changes) and Iím looking for anybody out there that has used any kind of SMS/Text messaging software from their computer. I want to be able to get on my computer and input cell phone numbers and enter a message and hit send. I want to avoid having to make all those phone calls. Any recommendations good or bad for a program like this? If you have used this type of software what are the pros and cons? How was the tech support? What was the cost? Is there a cost to the clients or would unlimited text messaging pretty much cover their cost? How reliable was the software at getting the message to people? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Golf-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 13th February 2008, 10:46 AM   #2
Golf-T

Apparently there isn't anybody out there that has used this kind of software, or anybody that has hasn't checked this thread. I know this type of software exist because I've found it doing a Google search. Maybe it's not a practical way of delivering information to clients. Maybe the cost to the person using this software or the clients is too expensive. Since nobody has responded to my thread about using this type of software is there anybody out there that can give me their thoughts about this subject. Is it not a good idea and that's why people haven't responded to my thread or maybe itís a great idea and people don't want to share their success with it. Maybe I'm just rambling
Anyways I'd love some opinions good or bad.

Golf-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 01:41 PM   #3
Logan
Administrator

I don't think it is a matter of others holding out on sharing their successes.

May be a good idea. I receive similar type of communications for an organization I'm involved with via email. Looking thru those as a sample I've received 20 over the past 14 days. Cost wouldn't be an issue to me, with unlimited texting, but I imagine it would be with others who have service plans dependent on the number of messages. I think there are two considerations I would make - (a) the number and frequency you will be sending these (b) an option for members who prefer to receive the message in an email instead.

I think it is a good idea, and will be curious how it ends up working out for you. I think if you can address any potential cost issues, it is well worth pursuing.

The only example I can think of others using this sort of messaging was for advertisements. Total different issues, imo.

Old 13th February 2008, 03:26 PM   #4
Hipshot

Default do you have money for software or do you need a free tool?

If you have cash then a quick google search under sms servers reveals:
activexperts.com / a toolkit from some dudes in MFT research : http://research.microsoft.com/resear...d/Details.aspx , and finally visualgsm.com. You need a SMS gateway or SMS server. I looked at starting a SMS business a while back.....The developer i paid (partially) never delivered the code for the application and went and started it himself..JERK!!!!!!

Hip.

Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 12:15 AM   #5
tomtily

Smile My work uses SMS software from Outlook

My work currently uses SMS software to contact its customers. We use a company called Red Oxygen www.redoxygen.com. They have a plugin for most applications like Outlook, Notes and web. It is easy to use and it is really cheap, about $15 for 250 messages. Hope this helps.

tomtily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 11:13 AM   #6
netnet227

Default i can help

I can provide with this kind of software and very intersted in the SMS market. if you like to know the detail, you can reach me by topsolution2000(at)gmail.com.

netnet227 is offline   Reply With Quote