5th Annual International Conference On Accounting And Finance (AF 2015)
As financial markets integrate and business operations diversify, the need for adoption of common global accounting practices intensifies. Heightening this need further are inadequacies in reporting systems that sometimes undermine the credibility of published financial data. Incidences of inadequate reporting in turn have brought a call for research on how to align the content and presentation of corporate financial statements better with the interests of those statements’ users.
The AF conference is a forum of communication for academics, researchers, practitioners, and policymakers in the areas of accounting and finance. Through its broadly defined scope, we welcome research in areas such as accounting history, finance, financial reporting and communication methodologies, interdisciplinary perspectives on accounting, management control, and public sector financial management. The AF conference provides an outlet for high-quality, refereed, empirical research on all aspects of accounting and finance. Purely theoretical research with the potential for empirical applications and in-depth literature reviews also are welcome.
Prof. Stephen P. Magee
"Financial and Economic Valuation of Intellectual Property in an Information Age"
Bayless Enstar Chair Holder and Professor of Finance and Economics
Department of Finance
University of Texas, Austin, USA Prof. Ho Yew Kee
"Accounting Research: Relevance Lost, Relevance Regain"
Professor and Head
Department of Accounting
NUS Business School
National University of Singapore
Prof. Ehud I. Ronn
"Quantifying Geopolitical Risk in the Equity and Commodity Markets"
Department of Finance
McCombs School of Business
University of Texas, Austin, USA
Procedia • The 2012 Conference Proceedings were published by Elsevier through
Procedia Economics & Finance. Elsevier
• The Conference Proceedings Print ISSN: 2251-1997, E-Periodical ISSN: 2251-2004: will be indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, Proquest, Ulrichsweb, PsycEXTRA and will be submitted to Scopus, ScienceDirect and Cabell's Directories amongst others, where applicable.
• Journal: All authors who present their papers at the conference will be invited to submit an extended version of their research paper for the GSTF Journal on Business Review (GBR). (Print ISSN: 2010-4804, E-periodical: 2251-2888). All submitted papers will go through blind review process for acceptance. All accepted papers (after the review process) will be included in the GBR on a complimentary basis (free-of-charge). GSTF GBR is hosted and published on Springer’s Open Access publishing platform – Global Science Journals (GSJ) In addition, it will be indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, ProQuest, Ulrichsweb, Cabell's Directories, EconBiz, IndexCopernicus, journalseek and will be submitted to Scopus, ScienceDirect, Google Scholar, Index Copernicus and amongst others
• Book: Selected authors will be invited to contribute book chapters in "Business Review: Advanced Applications" to be published by GSTF.
• Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify for the award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
• AF 2015 will also constitute a Special Panel Session.
• Panel Proposals are invited for submission a minimum of three papers centering on a specific topic will be accepted for submission under Panel Category.