Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th December 2013, 11:33 AM   #11
PatprecisionE
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismarklee View Post
I do income taxes for a 15k community. I grew up in this town. I have a personal Facebook account. I have been sending messages to friends of friends to add me as a friend. I move very slowly and carefully. I wish people a happy birthday , great family picture, etc. I , also share tax articles to my friends.

How do I expand my sharing of tax articles links to more locals ?

Thanks in advance,
I think the approach you're taking is pretty good. You're being social first, then slowly integrating the more promotional stuff. Just make sure to keep that balance of interacting with people, they'll be more responsive when you do share the tax articles.

PatprecisionE is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 30th March 2014, 12:18 PM   #12
chrismarklee
VIP Contributor

Default Facebook

MY thinking is to share only fun stuff from my Facebook business page directly. No advertising. Examples would be crafting ideas and recipes.

Advise would be appreciated

Old 31st March 2014, 08:16 AM   #13
PatprecisionE
VIP Contributor

Lightbulb Use LinkedIn...Share Tax Season Content

Have you thought about sharing tips/suggestions for the next 15 days about tax season? Then after tax season, what people can do who forgot to file? This is your time of year - and the rest of the world is also thinking about it! Find some tax related infographics online & repurpose them by writing content about taxes, answer tax questions for "free" on your business facebook, and write some blogs & then distribute them through sites like Stumble Upon (and other link submission sites).

Hope that helps a little bit. Our Long Island Marketing Firm does marketing for accountants & definitely like to do more during the tax season.

I'd also recommend using LinkedIn, as it's a great business related social business site and you can connect to others in your industry.

Let me know any other questions you might have and I'd be glad to help (if I can )

PatprecisionE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 11:17 AM   #14
chrismarklee
VIP Contributor

I shared income tax related stories about missing to include XYZ and people were getting upset with being hit up with ads