Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Ecommerce
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th July 2007, 02:38 AM   #1
Anna ms

Default Need Help Choosing Payment Gateway

Hi,I've been in business for a little over a year now and since my volumes were initially small
I've been using Paypal so far. I've decided it's time to join the big boys and open a
merchant account but am having trouble understanding how everything works. There
seem to be so many providers offering as many different options and to be honest, it's left
me a little bit confused. Can anyone offer an easy-ish to understand suggestion?
I'd like to stay away from companies that offer payment processing & merchant accounts
as i've heard that they tend to be more expensive and cost is definitely a consideration. So
I guess I'm looking at a payment processor and a merchant account with two different
companies?
Any advice is much appreciated!!

Anna ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 27th July 2007, 06:02 AM   #2
Corey Bryant
VIP Contributor

Well it really depends on what country you are in. Paypal seems to change their rates from one individual I spoke with over this past week. Right now he said he was paying 2.9%, but he could get a lot lower with a merchant account since he is based in the United States.

With the electronic payment gateways you have a lot of choices depending on the country. In the United States, there are LinkPoint, Payflow, and Authorize.net/Cybersource that come to mind. Payflow is now owned by Paypal and you might consider getting a merchant account through that company as well.

Old 27th July 2007, 07:51 AM   #3
pete
VIP Contributor

If you are in the US, Sam's Club and Costco have the best deals going right now.

pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2007, 01:20 PM   #4
fionix

If you are in the US check Corey's sig, he has helped alot of people to get a true and reliable payment solution.

If you are in Europe then you have several options like WorldPay or EuroConnex.

fionix is offline   Reply With Quote