Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Small Business Finance
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd April 2007, 07:04 AM   #1
ismael9467
Banned

Default Accounting Software For Service Business

I'm working in Windows. I want a simple program that will produce accounting reports from my entries, as well as calculate business ratios., e.g. gross profit margin ratio. I do not deal with inventory, so don't need that aspect. I looked at a shareware prorgram called Instant CashBook 3 but it doesn't do the ratios. (Any other opinions on this program are also welcome.)

ismael9467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 24th April 2007, 06:16 AM   #2
ramon9456
Banned

Default Re : Accounting software for service business

How big is this business?

A dynamic accounting solution could make the difference in a business start up truly gaining an advantage, or taking the dreaded plummet back to being employed under someone else. Microsoft is providing small to midsized businesses everywhere the opportunity to not only have an accounting system that is in line with issues such as Sarbanes Oxley, but will also give you the knowledge and business boost that systems like QuickBooks and Mas 90 will not.

Providing a scalable solution, so that when your business does grow- the software is ready, willing and able to grow with you. Whether your industry is finance, retail, not for profit, or professional services. we've got your industry specifically covered.

Have a look at integritymbs com the certified Microsoft partner.

ramon9456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2007, 05:09 PM   #3
SeattleCPA
VIP Contributor

Default Quicken or QuickBooks works pretty well

OK, fair disclosure... I wrote both Quicken for Dummies and QuickBooks for Dummies. (But then again I also wrote books on just about every other major accounting software package, too, in my day...)

That disclosure made, here's my thought. I think you can get by with something like Quicken or Microsoft Money. Service businesses are really easy...

P.S. I'm a CPA.