Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th November 2008, 04:04 AM   #1
infoniid

Default Business Idea. Ideas?

First of all, you need to know the context. Romania is a country in stade of development and they are a lot of opportunities to invest. If you have the money, you will be able to start a good business. My problem is that I don't have any. .
So, I've started looking for an idea which requires minimal costs, but a lot of work. First of all, i started collecting information from the internet about businesses in others countries. A couple of days ago, a bussines idea came to me. Listen to this. In Romania, they are just a few firms which have special departments of Competitive Intelligence - especially the big foreign companies present in my country. A few businessmans from Romania know about the benefits of this concept. So, I thought why don't I adapt this concept to a business of my own? How? By starting a "spy firm" which can sell relevant information for little companies at first, and big in perspective. I think that I can sell information like the intentions of the competition, information from public documents, monitoring media and internet and other information like this.
My problem is when I think at my possible clients. A lot of companies are not receptive to this kind of deals.I don't have clearly in my mind from where and how I could atract clients, this step being the most important of all. Like they say, your business is your client.
At the present, I'm a reporter, and I have over three years experience in this field. I have the minimal resources to begin the business.
My questions for you are:
1. Any tips to where and how can I atract clients?
2. In your countries are any companies like the one I describe? And if they are, how did it work for them?
Any others tips are more than welcome.
Also, if you have some other ideas in "information sell field", I want them! I think that in other countries this industry is more developted than in Romania.
Regards.

PS. I hope that I've not sabotage my self by putting this idea in this forum .

infoniid is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 27th November 2008, 12:11 AM   #2
DennisChang
VIP Contributor

One question: How do you package such a service? Do you present information as it is, or perform analysis and suggest solution/direction based on your information?

DennisChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 04:17 AM   #3
infoniid

At first, I would present the information as it is, but in perspective, in a few months or a year maybe, I want to extend the service on analysis and suggest solution/direction based on my information.You have to understand that romanian people, at least in the region in Romania where I'm from, is not to receptive (over 40 years of communism does that to you)... Step by step

Last edited by infoniid; 27th November 2008 at 04:21 AM.
infoniid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 11:57 AM   #4
businesswizard

Hi
I think that internet should be a cool place to attract clients for such a brilliant idea. Secondly, although I have not heard of any such company in my country, but I am sure that it will work.

Such services can do wonders even in a communist country, like Romania.
Best of Luck
Regards

businesswizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 10:30 AM   #5
vicon

Send a message via MSN to vicon Send a message via Skype™ to vicon

I do not think there is much in that line in Cyprus either. A good idea, and I would advise always money up front (that comes from my own personal business experience).

In our line of business, we are seeing more and more Romanian clients finding us and joining us. They are getting much more clued up on internet business, and are generally good people to deal with, in my experience.

You should start by making (or getting someone to make you) a basic website, and start promoting on relevant directories etc. Use good relevant titles that will attract the right user. If you are unsure about making a basic starter website, search google for free web templates that you can do a bit of re-designing with, and hey presto you have a small foot in the online business world!

Good luck

vicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2008, 03:18 AM   #6
benniegriffey

Well internet is one place that you can attract clients and promote your business.... So all the best

benniegriffey is offline   Reply With Quote