Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Computer Software
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd May 2014, 03:05 AM   #1
Jan Godlewski

Default Time Tracking Software - Good Or Bad Idea?

Do you use time tracking software in your company? Is it helpful or interrupting? What are advantages and disadvantages ?

Jan Godlewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 23rd May 2014, 05:25 AM   #2
markjennifer08

Yes, we do use the cloud based hours tracking software and applications from Replicon. The tool is absolutely hassle free and is featured with the user based and calendar based interface which makes the tool an intuitive tool to work with.

markjennifer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 05:08 AM   #3
chandran

Its good to know, how fast you are doing your job/work...
Its a really helpful tool to all the employers and a curse to all the employees

chandran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2014, 07:47 PM   #4
johnlarase

Time tracking software can help you to have a better understanding of exactly what is happening in your business (especially for virtual teams). It provides the business owner with an overview of the business as well as where the team is spending their time and efforts.

In our case, we're using Time Doctor in our company and it is not interrupting. It only tracks the websites and applications used while people are working.

When Time Doctor is turned off or if you are on a break, none of your activities are tracked, so you can feel secure in knowing that data will only be collected when you want it to be.

johnlarase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2014, 02:36 AM   #5
steveblake

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlarase View Post
Time tracking software can help you to have a better understanding of exactly what is happening in your business (especially for virtual teams). It provides the business owner with an overview of the business as well as where the team is spending their time and efforts.

In our case, we're using Time Doctor in our company and it is not interrupting. It only tracks the websites and applications used while people are working.

When Time Doctor is turned off or if you are on a break, none of your activities are tracked, so you can feel secure in knowing that data will only be collected when you want it to be.
I agree, Time Tracking tools are very helpful to business in order to manage employees effectively and improve their productivity. However, it must not invade employees privacy and use this tool ethically.

steveblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2014, 11:31 PM   #6
iphone77
VIP Contributor

by time tracking software you can easyly track your employee login time. its a time saving software

iphone77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2014, 09:32 AM   #7
Jan Godlewski

Thank you very much

Jan Godlewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2014, 11:37 PM   #8
Johnbolton
VIP Contributor

there lot of time tracking software are used in industries. time tracking software helps to track your staff/employee in&out , working timing and project timing. my cloud based timesheet software providing all the features in one sysytem. below are top 3 best online timesheet software

1.click time
2. Timesheet management system
3.beebole

Johnbolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 04:20 AM   #9
Emily Burns

We do. We use Yaware.TimeTracker.

I think it's ok. It is a really powerful tool for business and employees. I like to see how much time I actually work and how productive I am during the day.

I see no disadvantages in time tracking, or maybe I just haven't experienced them yet.

Emily Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2015, 06:55 AM   #10
NMA

Default I recomend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Godlewski View Post
Do you use time tracking software in your company?
Yes.

Quote:
Is it helpful or interrupting?
Necessary, I would say. And definitely helpful.

Quote:
What are advantages and disadvantages ?
I personally do not see any disadvantage. It saves a lot more time than it consumes (which is almost nothing), for sure. Not only because a fairly decent time tracking software should provide fast access to data related to the use of time but also because it helps you reorganize and reprioritize how you evst your time.

I see there are already a few suggestions in this thread. I encourage you to have a look. I have been using time tracking by primaERP for the past few months and I am quite satisfied with it. Tracks my team's data in detail (according to client, project, task, activitiy) creates reports, generates bills.

I recommend it. have a look: https://www.primaerp.com/

NMA is offline   Reply With Quote