Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Computer Software
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th September 2011, 06:35 AM   #11
steveblake

Using time tracking software to employee has both advantages and disadvantages. Misuse of this software can affect the entire workplace. Low quality monitoring software that is intrusive or like spying can cause privacy issues to employee. To prevent this employee should be fully aware of what is monitored and when it is being monitored. I have read this website that talks about some monitoring software it is a screen monitoring software to be precise. I hope this will help.

steveblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 13th January 2012, 07:37 AM   #12
kimstark

Quote:
Originally Posted by EurekaFacts View Post
Hello everyone!

I am with a small, 9-10 person company specializing in market research. We are trying to keep track of how much time each employee is spending on different projects as well as supplemental tasks, so that we can accurately price out our services. I heard there were a couple of different kinds of time management freeware out there. Is that the best way to go, or have any of you found that a different approach works better?

Thank you

Alison
Time management is critical to any business' success. It is essential for organizations to ensure that employees spend adequate amount of time on tasks that bring in the revenue for the company. That's why my organization has implemented Microsoft's project management software. Its time management feature has helped our project manager to gauge progress of projects, and effectively allocate project tasks. Overall, this has saved our company a lot of time.

kimstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2012, 03:48 AM   #13
emma dcosta

Hi Steve,

No doubt time tracking software has tremendous effect on any business organizations work since it helps for entire project managing of the business.

We had been using Replicon's time tracking software which is undoubtedly one of the best solutions for easy project time and expense tracking.

emma dcosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2012, 08:02 PM   #14
Imba Pudge

I suggest that you'd use timedoctor. Iv'e been using it for months now and it's been awesome..

Imba Pudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 07:57 AM   #15
DominickSimms

Quote:
Originally Posted by EurekaFacts View Post
Hello everyone!

I am with a small, 9-10 person company specializing in market research. We are trying to keep track of how much time each employee is spending on different projects as well as supplemental tasks, so that we can accurately price out our services. I heard there were a couple of different kinds of time management freeware out there. Is that the best way to go, or have any of you found that a different approach works better?

Thank you

Alison
I am using My Team Monitor which might be useful for your needs. It records the amount of time the employee was working, and how much time he was active and idle during that time. It also logs keystrokes and mouse clicks, so you can see when the employee was most active, and compare it to the screenshots the program sends you every 5 minutes. This way you can see exactly how much time and work went into each task the employee was working on. The software is free and you can register at www(dot)myteammonitor(dot)com

DominickSimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 11:04 AM   #16
myVRM

Default Conference Scheduling Software Makes Life Far Easier

Does anyone actually use meeting scheduling software to synchronize meeting times with clients or employees in different areas? Or is it just a case of using web or email-based notifications to get everyone on the same page?

myVRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2012, 02:28 AM   #17
biz6s

Default Employee Tracking

I know this is an older thread, but this points out a very big difference in approaching the issue of Employee monitoring and tracking. And it is something that I know about very deeply because of the work I've done for Biz6s.

On the one hand, there's the "monitoring" approach which says that the employer needs to know what the employees are doing. The idea being that the employer has the right to know and employees should use their time carefully to stay on task.

On the other hand, there's the "results" approach which says that as long as the desired results are being generated, it doesn't really matter what the employees are doing (especially if they're the remote, work-at-home kind).

I believe that giving your employees the freedom to do what they need to in order to get their jobs done is the right approach. I'm not too supportive of employee monitoring (except in a few legitimate cases). I believe that if you can track employee tasks carefully enough and if you treat your employees as the valuable assets they really are, then they will return the results you want from them.

Sure, there will be those individuals who will never perform, but no amount of technology can solve their problems. The point of all this software (the "monitoring" type and the "results oriented" type) are to help uncover these non-productive people so they can't hide and then they can be dealt with.

If the non-productive people can't hide and they're eventually purged from the company, then all you're left with are the people who are high-performers and whom you can trust. If you ever get to this point in your business, then there's no need for any of the employee "monitoring" solutions. It would be much better to manage these high-productive/trustworthy people with the "results" oriented tracking software which gives them the freedom to do what they need to in order to get your jobs done. It respects them more as mature adults and it makes you (assuming you're the employer) a better person to work for.

This is exactly what the company I'm working for (check out the link in my sig) believes in and where it thinks the future of managing people and remote workers is heading.

biz6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 09:22 AM   #18
marketinger

Default A need for employee clock in software?

I agree with biz6s in that employees who are productive and get the work done and help to benefit the company are those that don't need "monitoring" or "tracking". They should be fostered as that is how a good company gets greater. However, keeping track of your business structure with regards to your employees is useful especially digitally and kept all in one place. Companies like FingerTec USA and others make great software that make this especially easy.

marketinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 12:56 AM   #19
susanal

Like steve says, everything has two sides, using tracking software will help employer to manager to control employees, but it will also make employee feel uncomfortable.

Last edited by susanal; 2nd August 2012 at 07:54 PM.
susanal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2013, 01:13 PM   #20
barrywong

Doesn't ADP do all of this. They are supposed to be the best at it?
This is the Link

barrywong is offline   Reply With Quote