Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Ideas Forum Info > New Member Introductions
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th January 2007, 06:40 PM   #1
fo6dm

Exclamation Marketing My Tupperware Website....

Hello from CA,
I have been looking everywhere and trying my best to get my website to the top of the almighty search engines (Google, Yahoo, etc....). Im about ready to pull my hair out!!! I have almost become obsessed with this venture...very strange. Anyway, just thought I would say Hello....also, if anyone is familiar enough with how to get the websites to the top you are more than welcome to take a look at my websites and then let me know what Im missing!! I know easier said than done right? Well, at least let me know what you think! Anyway, have a great day and Im sure I will be posting again soon!
K

fo6dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 16th January 2007, 09:46 AM   #2
Logan
Administrator

Welcome aboard

For starters is your website unique or just an affiliate site duplicating many others. If it is similar to many other tupperware sites, then search engine optimization isn't realistic in my opinion. In this case, if you are interested in search engine marketing you might want to consider pay per click advertising programs such as Google Adwords & Yahoo Search Marketing.

Old 16th January 2007, 10:12 AM   #3
Dale King
VIP Contributor

Welcome to the forum!

Dale King

Dale King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2007, 06:33 PM   #4
Linda
VIP Contributor

Welcome to the forum!

Old 17th January 2007, 11:13 AM   #5
Cratima
VIP Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Cratima Send a message via Yahoo to Cratima

Hello fo6dm,

welcome to the forum.

There are many things that one can do to have its site high listed.

Do a search on google for "SEO tips" and read all you can from there.

But don't expect miracles.

And as far as I'm concerned, the best 'image' on Google comes from one thing only: high quality!

Old 17th January 2007, 08:13 PM   #6
fo6dm

Thank you for the suggestions. I am doing PPC. I am gaining enough sales to pay for the advertising. I know there has to be an organic way...especially since I see only one other Tupperware website at the top.....I will keep researching.....anyone heard of "Presell pages"? Guess I will post that question in a different forum. my.tupperware.com/kdurbin

Old 18th January 2007, 09:00 AM   #7
Logan
Administrator

Quote:
I know there has to be an organic way...especially since I see only one other Tupperware website at the top
When I do a search of tupperware in google I do aso see one site listed within the top ten that is an affiliate site similar to yours - (along with a bunch of popular authority type sites) . A couple comments/suggestions -

1) Try to make your site as unique as possible from all the others offering the same the thing.
2) Links (good ones only) from other websites to yours can influence organic rankings alone. For example, with your signature file here you current just have url in text. If it was a link it would be more likely to help your exposure in the search engines . See here for help with sig. Compare the link popularity of your site versus that one other site that does rank in the top ten. That might be a big difference in play.
3) On your site's homepage you've listed out a ton of tupperware keywords in a long list. I think it is good to incorporate the keywords you want to target within the search engines, but it is not good just to provide a long list of those keywords. They shoud be naturally incorporated within the sites content.
4) You may want to consider targeting less competitive keywords than just tupperware alone to get started. While I understand that is the prime keyword, are there other keywords people may be searching and be interested in what you sell?

Old 18th January 2007, 12:12 PM   #8
fo6dm

Thank you Logan for the suggestions! I appreciate your help! :-)

Old 18th January 2007, 12:30 PM   #9
lunartcorp

Searching in Google for "Tupperware" brings about 4 millions of pages but using "Tupperware Consultant" brings about 400 thousands pages which ones have a different consultant than the first search.

You need to identify the keywords people would be using to find a site like yours and then use those keywords on your main page as well as your anchor text when you place links. Using the selected keywords in you anchor text would help search engines to associate your site with them and be listed when people use them for searching.

Using “Tupperware” as part of your keywords would help for those who know the company but what about other people who do not know it? In this case, you might use something like "Kitchen Plastic Containers". If you check Google, it brings around 1 million of pages and one of the Tupperware pages in on the top of the result.

You may use pages of the competency, including other consultants listed on the top of the results to find the keywords for which you want your website to be positioned.

You need patience on this, since it takes time to get on the top.

By the way, WELCOME to the forum!!!